Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

chewable Vitamins don't have thiamine. Thiamine is extremely important. There are many Vitamins out there that will do what you need. Every doctor will say you need something different. I wouldn't worry about exact amounts. Just need a Multivitamin and take double the dose.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

chewable Vitamins don't have thiamine. Thiamine is extremely important. There are many Vitamins out there that will do what you need. Every doctor will say you need something different. I wouldn't worry about exact amounts. Just need a multivitamin and take double the dose.

The chewables from Celebrate Vitamins have it.

Thanks for the suggestion, but it doesn't have what my doctor told me I needed (no folic acid, not enough zinc/iron). I found Celebrate Vitamins, which I think will do the trick. They're just a bit on the expensive side.

Check insure nutrition they may can help pay for vitamibs

I just started taking Vitamins through my surgeon office. I will include picture of the bottle. I am having problems absorbing Vitamins so they suggested these, they are specifically for bariatric patients. A little pricy, but worth it. post-292029-14637698028912_thumb.jpg post-292029-14637698273476_thumb.jpg post-292029-14637698515455_thumb.jpg post-292029-14637698734205_thumb.jpg

I use Celebrate brand and order them online.

Oh dear... I tried a sample of Celebrate Vitamins multivitamin (in pineapple Strawberry) and it was AWFUL. Do all chewable vitamins taste that bad?

@@becomingmandikaye, I know – it is super frustrating not to be able to find exactly what you are prescribed! I would first ask your surgeon. It’s possible that your surgeon knows of a specific brand that has exactly what you’ve been recommended to take.

If not, it’s also possible your surgeon might be willing to change the recommended amounts of the ones you’re supposed to take so that they actually match the amounts in a multivitamin that you can find. The recommended Vitamin and mineral amounts are just estimates, since not every person needs the exact same amount of each nutrient, so your surgeon might be able to suggest different amounts that can work for you.

Otherwise, I think the idea to ask a pharmacist is a great one. You can also do what you said, which is to supplement with Iron on top of the multivitamin.

@@Proud2BMe, a lot of research shows that sleeve patients are likely to develop nutrient deficiencies.