Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for others having problems with band.

At this stage with your band Natalie you should be able to eat most anything except maybe breads and pastas and rice...if you can not eat your hard Proteins ( chicken, fish, tuna etc..) You may be filled too tight. It doesnt really matter if you are losing weight by Pbing becasue the problems that could arise from it could mean you possibly having slippage and having all of your filled removed then you "may" start to gain the weight back. Slippage happens from Pbing too often..When slippage occurs one of the ways to fix it is to unfill your band for a significant ammount of time to heal and in some cases replacing your band. I know you do not want that to happen..Small bites, eat slowly and chew chew chew, if you do all of those eating should not be a problem for you whatever it is you choose to eat. I'm glad to hear your food stayed down today because like I mentioned in my earlier post Pbing often can due major damage to your esophagus. Hope you do as well tomorrow and NO pb's :D Iam at 2cc's and I eat almost anything except the pastas bread and rice are hard for me. I just eat real slow and tiny bites and chew the hell out of each bite

This morning, Larry from Inamed told me his mom has a band. She can't eat in the morning because she's too tight, so he recommends having something warm, like tea or coffee 20 min or so beforehand to warm up the esophogus. I always liked having the morning restriction because it kept me from eating too much. But if you want to have the Protein Bar, maybe try Larry's suggestion and have a cup of tea 1/2 hour before. Maybe that will help. Just a thought.

If you really want to lose weight, you HAVE to cut out the calories that help you to maintain you current weight. Plain and simple. Your body simply will not hold onto the weight if you are eating the right food choices and amounts. Doesn't that just suck!... see my post on band discussion.

Leatha, ain't it the sad truth? Lots of people believe that taking in too few calories will put the body in "starvation mode" so you can't lose weight. But they always forget to add that it's only a "temporary" starvation mode. That's why people starve to death cuz the body can only hold on to the fat for so long. If you eat fewer calories than you burn, your body will catch up, and you'll shrink. Sometimes it takes awhile to kick in.

Day two of no pbing. I am totally staying away from the breads and Pasta and all of that stuff I love... But it is working!!! Tonight just for the heck of it I got on the scale for the first time in awhile and I am now down to 215lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It has been years since I've seen that weight!!!!! Boy now that is motivation for me!!!!!!!!! I was so hungry for speg. tonight that I took and made speg. squash and used that for my pasta and boy was that good. It took away the craving I was having. I just want to thank all of you for motivating me!!!! :D

Natalie, that's wonderful!! Congratulations!! Staying away from things you know will cause PBing is a good thing for you on MANY levels. Keep at it, bandster! :D :D :D

Very good, Natalie!! You got this band for a reason! Don't let your head get in the way of that. Keep up the good work!! Not too far to One-derland now!

I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS HAD 10 FILLS (1 PER MONTH)ON A 4CC BAND. I AM CURRENTLY ALMOST 11 MONTHS POST OP I HAVE A 4CC BAND AND FILLED TO 4CC WITH NO RESTRICTION. I CAN EAT ANYTHING MY PORTIONS ARE LIKE PRE-BAND . I AM AN X-RAY TECH AND TAKE X-RAYS OF MY BAND OFTEN ,I HAVE EVEN TAKEN SOME FLUORO PICTURES OF ME SWALLOWING THICK BARIUM ,EATING BARIUM LACED SOLIDS AND WATCHED MYSLEF SWALLOW IT DOWN ,NOTHING IS BEING RESTRICTED BY THE BAND. I DID HAVE AN UGI ON THE BOOKS BY A RADIOLOGIST AT MY WORK AND SHE SAID THE SAME THING, food SHOULD BE RESTRICTED BY THE BAND WHERE MY PORTION SIZE WOULD BE SMALLER.I DO HAVE A DOC. APPT. ON AUG 5. AND I HOPE TO GET ANSWERS. I ONLY LOST 18LBS AS OF TODAY. THE FIRST 7 WERE WITHIN THE FIRST 5 DAYS POST OP THEN THE OTHER 13LBS CAME OFF BETWEEN OCT-DEC OF 2007. NOTHING SINCE. I HATE FEELING SO FRUSTRATED ALL THE TIME. MY MOM AND DAD CAME TO VISIT ME ON THE DAY OF MY SURGERY A FEW HOURS LATER MY DAD DROPPED DEAD OF A MASSIVE HEART ATTACK SO NEEDLESS TO SAY THAT MY BAND DATE IS NOT AN EXCITING DAY. ONE BECAUSE MY FATHER DIED AND TWO BECAUSE NOT MUCH WIGHT LOSS.IT MIGHT SOUND STRANGE BUT MY DAD MIGHT HAVE A PART AT THIS BECAUSE HE NEVER WANTED ME TO GO THROUGH WITH THE SURGERY HE SAID I DIDN'T NEED IT (I GUESS THATS WHAT A FATHER WOULD SAY). ANYWAY I HOPE I WILL GET SOME ANSWERS ABOUT THE BAND AND MY DOCS DON'T BLOW ME OFF TO MAKE ME THINK I AM A BAND FAILURE. ANY ADVICE WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED.:biggrin: