Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Easy to swallow vitamins/supplements

I was so excited when my nutritionist said I could take pills instead of chewing multi's and Calcium at my 6 week check up. I found Carlson's mini tabs Multivitamins that I only have to take two, they have 100% of everything except Iron and calcium. I take 5 Solaray calcium citrate +D3 capsules throughout the day (totaling 1500mg) which are huge, Vitron C for 65mg of Iron (ferronyl Iron the same Iron BA uses in its vit/supp) at night. I also take a sublingual B12 and a dissolvable Biotin once a day.

The above work OK (no issues whatsoever with the Biotin or B12) except the multi's get stuck sometimes and I have to gulp Water to get them down, they also make me nauseous if I don't have a bite or two of something prior and the Calcium's are so huge they trigger my gag reflex from time to time and they come back up with water. The Vitron C is the perfect size except it makes me have nasty burps on occasion. None of these issues are consistent, but when they happen it's disconcerting and something I would rather not go through if there are alternatives. I know some post surgery plans say Flintstone Vitamins are an option and I would love to only chew 3 lilttle Flintstones, but I have to have a Vitamin with copper, zinc and selenium

Has anyone found any smallish multi's with iron, calcium or iron supplement that are easy on the stomach and esophagus? I know chewable's are always an option, but I'd rather find something that I can get locally and honestly if I have to chew those huge BA vitamins or taste another BA calcium chew I might hurl, plus bariatric specific vitamins/supplements are 2 and 3 times more expensive than most OTC options.

My pre-op Upper GI did show a stricture and the barium pill they have you swallow did get stuck, but an EGD did not show anything and no abnormalities. My GI doc thinks I have esophageal spasms from time to time.

Edited by doppelganger

I was so excited when my nutritionist said I could take pills instead of chewing multi's and Calcium at my 6 week check up. I found Carlson's mini tabs multivitamins that I only have to take two, they have 100% of everything except Iron and calcium. I take 5 Solaray calcium citrate +D3 capsules throughout the day (totaling 1500mg) which are huge, Vitron C for 65mg of Iron (ferronyl Iron the same Iron BA uses in its vit/supp) at night. I also take a sublingual B12 and a dissolvable Biotin once a day.

The above work OK (no issues whatsoever with the Biotin or B12) except the multi's get stuck sometimes and I have to gulp Water to get them down, they also make me nauseous if I don't have a bite or two of something prior and the Calcium's are so huge they trigger my gag reflex from time to time and they come back up with Water. The Vitron C is the perfect size except it makes me have nasty burps on occasion. None of these issues are consistent, but when they happen it's disconcerting and something I would rather not go through if there are alternatives. I know some post surgery plans say Flintstone Vitamins are an option and I would love to only chew 3 lilttle Flintstones, but I have to have a Vitamin with copper, zinc and selenium

Has anyone found any smallish multi's with iron, calcium or iron supplement that are easy on the stomach and esophagus? I know chewable's are always an option, but I'd rather find something that I can get locally and honestly if I have to chew those huge BA Vitamins or taste another BA calcium chew I might hurl, plus bariatric specific vitamins/supplements are 2 and 3 times more expensive than most OTC options.

My pre-op Upper GI did show a stricture and the barium pill they have you swallow did get stuck, but an EGD did not show anything and no abnormalities. My GI doc thinks I have esophageal spasms from time to time.

Hi. I was sleeved on 5/29/16. I'm down a 140lbs I was never a pill taker but after surgery my nutritionist suggested Multivitamin Patches from PatchMD.com

I wear one daily and according to my last blood work. I'm exactly where I'm suppose to be. The only thing I get aside from the patch is a B12 injection from my PCP monthly.

Correction 5/29/15