Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Coworkers...

I dunno... ill play devils advocate here....

I can understand how it might be a good idea to avoid trigger foods during the weight loss phase, however i think that life is meant to be enjoyed, we can not deprive ourselves forever... there will be times when one cookie is okay.. or a small slice of cake.... everything in moderation...

It takes time to learn new habits and yes... i agree whilst in the losing phase we need to avoid our trigger foods, but we also need to educate and teach ourselves control... life is meant to be lived.... not to be spent on a diet.... its a lifestyle change.

*silently waiting for someone to shove a box of Cookies in her mouth because of this post * ☺

lmao

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using the BariatricPal App

Hahahaha classic!!

i found cookies!!!!.. they might do a better job of shutting me up lol

Damn it.... they look like Cookies, but turn out to be crackers!! What!!

close enough lol

Edited by AussieGirl81

I can understand how it might be a good idea to avoid trigger foods during the weight loss phase, however i think that life is meant to be enjoyed, we can not deprive ourselves forever... there will be times when one cookie is okay.. or a small slice of cake.... everything in moderation...

It takes time to learn new habits and yes... i agree whilst in the losing phase we need to avoid our trigger foods, but we also need to educate and teach ourselves control... life is meant to be lived.... not to be spent on a diet.... its a lifestyle change.

*silently waiting for someone to shove a box of Cookies in her mouth because of this post * ☺

lmao

Hahahaha classic!!

close enough lol

We will call them graham crackers!!! Lol

lmao

Hahahaha classic!!

close enough lol

Oh no!!! Not donuts!!! You don't play fair....lol

Graham crackers.... i don't know what they are..... we don't have them here in Australia... i think we call them digestives... appropriately enough lol

Better??? Lol

Edited by AussieGirl81

lmao

Hahahaha classic!!

close enough lol

Oh no!!! Not donuts!!! You don't play fair....lol

Laughing so hard I'm crying... I'm going to dehydrated before my surgery Wednesday. ..lmao, must be the lethargic from 600 cals...lol

Oh i am so sorry... i didn't realise you were pre op... i dont think those doughnut pics helped.....

(thats the closest thing i could find to a Protein shake) lol

Wednesday huh... are you excited and petrified?

Graham crackers.... i don't know what they are..... we don't have them here in Australia... i think we call them digestives... appropriately enough lol

Better??? Lol

Maybe it's best you don't have them across the "big pond"... one less food item not to be tempted by unlike like us in the states...

Oh i am so sorry... i didn't realise you were pre op... i dont think those doughnut pics helped.....

(thats the closest thing i could find to a Protein shake) lol

Wednesday huh... are you excited and petrified?

Lmao!!! Your fruits looks so good about now... lol, yes getting nervous but excited.... I'm ok with the surgery part, it's the post op that's overwhelming... so much to remember...I guess it's trial and error

I know what you mean.... when i was pre op.. i was craving all sorts of things, even things i would never eat, its funny what hunger does to your mind and body.

The surgery part is quite straight forward, the post part was not as bad as i had imagined it.

I did a post this morning about the things ive learnt post op.. have a read, it'll make you feel a little more sane afterwards lol

http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/367880-One-week-post---Wow-what-a-week!

Edited by AussieGirl81

I know what you mean.... when i was pre op.. i was craving all sorts of things, even things i would never eat, its funny what hunger does to your mind and body.

The surgery part is quite straight forward, the post part was not as bad as i had imagined it.

I did a post this morning about the things ive learnt post op.. have a read, it'll make you feel a little more sane afterwards lol

http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/367880-One-week-post---Wow-what-a-week!

Awesome... I sure will. Thank you

We were setting up refreshments at work today for an event and we were talking about food. I made the comment that I don't trust myself to eat just one (sweets are a trigger food). A lady goes "you have to learn to eat just one cookie.." I'm sure some of y'all can eat just one, but if it's a trigger food there is no way I'm eating just one. For me it's the same as if she told an alcoholic to have just one beer. It's going to lead to a lot more. /end rant

My thinking is why is she telling you that you HAVE to do anything? Whether you decide to abstain for the rest of your life or eventually have things in moderation is totally up to you. I've seen people be successful with both approaches.

@ I agree that it's good to, but for me personally I don't think it's possible. I'm a food addict and especially a sweets addict, so for me it's just wouldn't be possible to eat just one. If I could I definitely would just eat one every now and then. Maybe one day I will get there, but not today haha.

Do you really think you'd be able to eat more than just one cookie now? Perhaps that is all your stomach could handle now. I totally get that you don't want to even go there because it was a trigger food for you. I was only 2-1/2 weeks out from my surgery when my sister had a 30th birthday party for my nephew. I brought my lunch bag with me so I could bring a greek yogurt, some applesauce, and a couple other options that I was okay to eat. There was some fabulous food there, but I had to sit and look at all of it while the rest of the party goers were eating. I did okay. Was I envious? Absolutely! But, I got through it because I knew what would happen if I ate even a small nibble. Do I think I'll never ever be able to "taste" some of the stuff that was there again? No. And that is what I tell myself. You cannot have that now, but perhaps somewhere down the line a little taste will be okay. I may not even like it anymore. My tastes have changed so much since surgery.

@@Renkoss I'm almost a year out, so I think I could eat more than one. I might get sick but I could do it. Plus, we were with Girl Scout Cookies and they are of course a little smaller than normal cookies

I had my one month follow up with NUT today and asked about low carb Cookies. I have recipes that use almond flour or coconut flour. She said you wouldn't be able to eat many, but yes they would be fine. YEA!

And yes Girl Scout Cookies are small. I used to be able to eat a whole box at one sitting. I know that is gluttony, but well, I didn't get fat because I didn't eat right? Of course that was years ago prior to being diabetic and eating low carb.

Edited by Renkoss

@@Renkoss what recipes do you have? I've seen some on Pinterest, but didn't know if they were worth it