Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you eat when you eat out?

I have been banded for 3 weeks and we tend to be gone a lot and have to eat out often. My problem is knowing what to order. I have ordered off of the kids menu a few times but they don't really have much on there that is good "healthy" food. I have been ordering chicken Strips and mashed potatoes for lack of anything better but that isn't the healthiest choice. the other day I ate mashed cauliflower (that was a good choice).

Please tell me what you order.

Whatever I feel like - depends what type of cuisine it is. Chinese, Japanese (I always have sashimi), Italian, Greek, Malaysian or more stock standard bistro/pub style food - I often have a caesar salad, fattening but delicious. I only eat a little bit.

Children's menus in Australia are awful - chicken nuggets and chips, fish and chips, hot dogs and chips, nothing you'd pay to eat in a restaurant.

I love Terriaki chicken with veggies, baked potatoe, things like that. Steak just doesn't do well no matter how tender or what kind. Chineese for some reason doesn't do well either.

SD Chick, I am newly banded and have to eat out a lot also. I have been choosing Soup if possible. I have eaten a few onion rings (not healthy). As long as I really chew it, salad has been ok (but I haven't eaten much at one time). I ordered Mahi Mahi skewers figuring that fish was as close as I was going to get to "mushie" on that menu (they were out of soup). I actually have done fish several times now, and even a few bites of a sandwich. I know we are supposed to do only mushies and I've heard from others here that it is because we need to be gentle on our new stitches. This makes sense, so when I go off pure mushies I try to limit the amount I eat by a lot, just to be safe.

What TYPES of resturants are you going to?

First place I'm gonna go -- possibly tomorrow, my first time out since surgery -- is Chili's. Their chicken Enchilada Soup is the best! I'll just eat the broth for now and let hubby have the rest!

Hi all!!! I went to Texas Roadhouse yesterday and got chicken strips and fries. Ate three strips and about six fries and took the rest home. I have not had a fill yet, so i can eat with no problem. Fries i will throw away . Left over strips i will add to broth and take to work for lunch. This is all a great adventure to me. Donna

Left over strips i will add to broth and take to work for lunch. This is all a great adventure to me. Donna

Great idea, Donna.

That's the attitude I hope to maintain -- a great adventure.

If it is mexican food then I will get fajitas but stay away from the tortillas. If it is a steak house then maybe side order of Soup and baked potato.

Oh my gosh I am so excited I have lost another 1lb that puts me at 15 lbs lost. Yeah!! We had our 1st annual block party last night. There were Desserts and chips and dips everywhere. I was suprised I was not the least interested in any of it. I could barely finish my hamburger patty. Afterwards we went over to my next door neighbors house to check out there new nintindo Wii and oh my was it fun. We did tennis and boxing and oh what a workout it was like going to an aerobics class. We are definetly getting one it is fun and Great exercise. The only thing is I have asthma and I will probably be needing my inhalor before because it did aggravate it a little. ha ha