Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You know I have thought about this post all day. This post has consumed our lives for the last few days and that is unacceptible to me. I for one will make a conscious effort to not be sucked into the vortex again like I was this time.

For those of us that know our own experiences with particular doctors only we can speak to that and only we can determine how it will color our weight loss journey. I refuse to let my bad experiences dictate my journey.

Margret I apologize to you for being snippet and rude because I know I was. I should not have allowed myself to be sucked into that arena. It won't happen again.

Everyone else I apologize for including you in this communication. I know you didn't have to participate but we are such a family here that when one is attacked or it is a perceived attack we all descend on the attacker. Thank you for that but this post has changed what we all have come to love about this site. We need to take back the loving and caring and nurturing aspect we come here everyday to find.

Thank you everyone.

Not a problem, Penni. (((((((((hugs))))))))))). I believe I was one of the first to get sucked in and I still stand firmly for what I believe, but you're right. We have energy better spent on the positive and hopefully helping others journeys to be less rocky. No one here knows where they will wind up for sure, band-wise. All we can do is live each day and be thankful that we have this device to help re-gain our lives.

Thankfully, our motives are good. Our hearts are in the right place and not for monetary gain. It's nice that the truth is free and so are our consciences, which is worth more than gold anyday in my book.

Penni, you deserve credit for your latest post. I think some of us who were not even Lopez patients rushed to judgment against Margret. I'd like to wish Margret well in her band journey, then I'll take a deep breath and walk away from this thread.

WOW!!! What a mini-series this was.... I just noticed the whole darn thing. As a Lopez patient hearing all of this erosion crap it makes me very nervous. I just got to do the best I can while I have the band. If I ever lose it, hopefully a different technology will be available then. If not... I'll go SWEDISH... LOL. Teresa

And just when everyone is walking away from this thread and kissing and making up, I, like Teresa just discovered it and I can't believe I read the whole thing, but it has been very interesting.

The oddest thing to me in this thread was Marg's offer to make a Lopez appointment for anyone who wanted aftercare. How could she do that if she doesn't work for him? I mean, I can't exactly call my surgeon and make an appointment for someone I'd just met in cyberspace. They'd call the paddywagon if I tried to do that.

Also, just out of curiosity, how does a person mess with another person's profile and how would one know that it had been done?

Nancy

Oh, and one more thing: What the H does 9/11 have to do with calling your doctor for a cough medicine refill? He stopped letting you do that because of 9/11? Does he think you're a terrorist who's going to poison everyone with cough Syrup? And just how many serious coughs are you getting? I'm starting to wonder about a cough syrup/bizarre postings connection, but since we're all being nice now, I won't mention it.

Nancy

Nancy you crack me up. I hear ya though.

Nancy, Penni is the LBT wiz. You can always tell who is on-line here, and you can see exactly where they are. That's how I know she was lurking in my profile. I don't think they can change anything, but anyone lurking around my profile too many times is damn creepy.

Hey everyone...wow I have been mesmorised with the drama of this post...it reads like a whacky novel. I am never going to be sick again.... I miss to much. I must admit though Margret seems a little loopy. She talks about random things but I just couldn't turn away it was like watching a train wreck!

Guest Rita Pickering

Just came back today from my un-bandng. I can't say it was a piece of cake , but at least it's over. Hope I don't have any more problems with my stomach

Rita, I'm so sorry about your band erosion. But I'm glad that you had the band removed before you had more problems. Please take care of yourself and get well. Have you tried pm'ing Donali? She is a Lopez patient, who also had her band removed due to erosion. She is very sweet and might be able to give you some pointers on living without your band. She's done very well since then. Best of luck to you! (((Hugs)))