Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stage 4 any techniques to meet fluid goal?

Can anyone advise for me and others how does one manage to intake 64oz of Fluid on stage 4?

i'm worried because I was advanced to stage 4 soft hight Protein foods 3 days ago and it has become SOoo hard to get my fluids in

Today I had an egg omelet with cheese in between

Ingredients:

1 egg

2 tbsp skim mozzarella cheese

1/2 tbsp light mayo

No salt added

This meal has 14g Protein

I had a Protein shake for lunch

Isopure unflavored 1 scoop-25g protein

2/3 of a banana

6oz organic fat free milk lactose free-6g protein

Later in the night for dinner I had

1/2 cup fat free refried beans-6.5g protein

2 tbsp skim mozzarella cheese on top-8g protein

1/4 cottage cheese- 6g protein

This meal I had to split in 2 of course

So for protein i'm doing fine, but food has taken up so much space in my pouch I don't know where to fit the fluids. I feel so full after my meals it lasts for hours.

Update for those who are pre op or just had surgery towards the end of stage 3 and beginning of stage 4 I had Constipation which I was told by the surgeon it's totally normal

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I struggled with Protein and Water up until about 3 weeks ago. I am a little over 2 mths out. For your milk you can use Fairlife fat free milk. 13 gm Protein per 8oz . That will bump your protein up some. I always have my water bottle with me. It is a 28 oz bottle. I drink one first half of day. Goal is by 2pm. Then 2nd bottle by 8 . Then only 10 oz before bed when I take all my Vitamins. But it is a conscious effort all day. Also, I have realized that I have to drink a protein shake daily. That is the only way I reach my goal. I use Isopure 40g or liquid Protein 42gm and add them to my morning Water. I just switched from unflavored isopure with fairlife milk to get a variety.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using the BariatricPal App

Set short term goals. For instance: 4 oz when you get up in the morning, another 4 oz when you brush your teeth, etc.

Keep a Water bottle and or other Fluid with you at all times and sip frequently,

I use an an app called Aqualert. You can adjust all settings, but the way I have it set up is that between 8 am and midnight, my phone will play an audio clip of Water pouring every 15 minutes. This reminds me to drink 60 ml (2 oz or 1/4 cup) of fluids. I won't necessarily take sips every 15 minutes to factor in for times such as meals, naps, etc. The app is highly customizable and I recommend it to keep track of your Fluid intake.

bmi.png?ts=1462327411

Edited by jea(n__n)ette

I'm on stage 4 as well and I admit I have this problem too I also find that I don't lose weight as fast when on solids vs. liquids/puree. So some days I try to do mostly liquid proteins/greek yogurt etc instead of 3 solid meals a day because it helps me lose weight faster and I get my liquids in easier as well. I am sure I'm going to have to get used to eating solids daily at some point, but it's a struggle and I play with it every day because some days I can tell my body won't tolerate solids but as the others said just keep track of try to get it anyway you can. My go tos are Fairlife milk in my morning smoothie and I try to drink Isopure couple times a day diluted with crystal lite or Syntrax nectar slightly so I'm getting about 60 grams of Protein a day from that as well as getting some fluids

Sent from my KFSAWI using the BariatricPal App