Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I did too @@Ryan TN

It was a great help...

Half a teaspoon at a time was much better than half a forkful...

I did too @@Ryan TN I stopped using them....well....roughly 3 days ago. Lol. Please tell me I will get through this with my sanity?!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Im so glad I found this site @@KindaFamiliar You guys are way more helpful than another place I shall not mention.

Well....@@KindaFamiliar , I'm great except for the slight issue but thanks to you and @@Ryan TN , I totally see my problem. Like I said since I finally started feeling really good, my mind isn't consumed with the surgery so I've been slacking in the slow down, small bites, and chew department. I'm still measuring....but I'm gulping.

Thanks for the tips, gentleman.

Anytime I have an issue it is usually attributed to one of two things: eating too fast with bites.....and drinking Water too soon after eating.

When I slow my roll.....good things happen.

After the advice given, the next day I paid special attention to taking smaller bites, and eating more slowly. It worked.

It's just so easy for me to forget about the surgery, and I'll chug a big ol glass of Water, or sit down and scarf whatever I've made.

Wish I could pay someone to follow me around reminding me not to gulp and to take my time.

Then again....they'd probably piss me off so it's best to remember it on my own. Lol.

It really helps me to make an effort to put the fork down between each bite. At first I had to think about it, but now 6 months post op, it's second nature.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

I'm doing horrible and feeling even worse. I'm 11 days out and already eating foods I know I shouldn't be eating. I didn't realize that my food addiction was this bad. Now I'm afraid I'm sabotoging my new pouch.

Edited by 1moreday

I'm doing horrible and feeling even worse. I'm 11 days out and already eating foods I know I shouldn't be eating. I didn't realize that my food addiction was this bad. Now I'm afraid I'm sabtiging my new pouch.

a lot of plans have pureed food at that point. try just having that if you are going to break down and eat. my swelling went down fast and my NUT said I could try scrambled eggs, so I did, slow - small bites. got full fast. Talk to your team.

@@Ryan TN I joked about it, but I really did bring back out the baby spoons. It has helped tremendously.

I just didn't think eating with a normal fork would cause all the issues, but that along with not being aware of my chewing really did it.

Thanks again. I hope all the unforeseen issues will have such an easy fix.

I went to Target and purchased the cutest lil toddler plates and spoons. They have a silly owl on them. I spend so much time admiring my new wee little place setting I am happy with my dabs of food. The husband, who purchased me a beautiful new Fiesta set for Christmas just shakes his head in amazement (I think).

Thanks @@jaxmom I've just been using salad plates, but toddler plates sound way more enjoyable.

No husband to deal with, but I've found my 10 year old son has opted to eat with my baby spoons as well, so I guess I should buy us each a new place setting.

I agree with the others, you're still early out so there will still be a large amount of swelling in your tummy. So you will only be able to tolerate small amounts of solid foods - larger amounts of mushy or pureed foods, and even larger amounts of liquids - if you get what I mean.

But I make sure even now to chew chew chew until it's basically pureed so I can still enjoy food, and I can have more than two bites.

I'm doing horrible and feeling even worse. I'm 11 days out and already eating foods I know I shouldn't be eating. I didn't realize that my food addiction was this bad. Now I'm afraid I'm sabotoging my new pouch.

Don't worry you're still adjusting, it's hard. Your emotional habits will take a while to leave you.

You will only "stretch" your pouch if you do it constantly to the point of pain every day. However, many people have tried the pouch reset test and their pouch has actually gone back to what it was.