Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Am 60!!! Years Oldand Things are Bleak

kacee -- You lucky devil. My hair is also white, but it looks terrible with my skin so I dye. Everyone else in my family had dark hair that grayed beautifully except for my cousin. She and I had crappy hair and look terrible with white hair. Of course, she doesn't look terrible anymore since she's dead. O.D.ed on cocaine. But I guess I'll dye forever or at least until I retire.

Hi all,

Bitter, enjoy your life. I freaked when I turned 30, when I turned 40, I decided that I was getting old and to (Mentally, at least) give everyone the finger who didn't agree with me. At 50 I treated it as just another b'day. At 60, I was visiting our son in FL and it was, again, just another b'day. January I'll be 70 and am looking forward to it as slightly less weighty (my banding's 10-24). My head thinks I'm still young but when I stand up, my knees tell me otherwise. Have had all the hair issues.

My other half (almost 50 yrs) is still sticking with me, so I guess I've got a lot to be thankful for.

My kids have told me that when I can no longer "chew the blubber", they'll put me on an ice floe in Lake Superior. I've given them permission. So I don't have to freak about losing it mentally.

My son, 48, is married to a woman 63. They're happy and she keeps up with him. So there ARE younger men out there happy with olderwomen.

In our area there are "assisted living" facilities, which are NOT nursing homes. Some of them are really nice. Just another alternative.

Regarding tweezers: at least they're small. Incontinence pads take up a lot of room and are obvious.

I've babbled on enough. Keep your chin(s) up and the tweezers in your pocket.

This thread is so well written and entertaining. I just turned 50. I never dreamed that having a pair of reading glasses in every room of the house would be this important to me.

This thread is so well written and entertaining. I just turned 50. I never dreamed that having a pair of reading glasses in every room of the house would be this important to me.

Yah, that was a big shock to me, too! I used to have such wonderful vision when I was young. :phanvan But I am now so reliant on my reading glasses that I can't even eat without wearing 'em. :help: I spend a fortune on them. :glasses And tweezers mean a lot to my happiness, too. :tired Thank gawd I don't have any continency issues!!! That would be the icing on the humiliation cake. Oh, ugh! :) ....to be continued, eh......

Yah, that was a big shock to me, too! I used to have such wonderful vision when I was young. :phanvan But I am now so reliant on my reading glasses that I can't even eat without wearing 'em. :help: I spend a fortune on them. :glasses And tweezers mean a lot to my happiness, too. :tired Thank gawd I don't have any continency issues!!! That would be the icing on the humiliation cake. Oh, ugh! :) ....to be continued, eh......

I get mine in 3 packs at costco. Ditto on the continency. Hopefully we have decades to go before that one.....

And a pair in my purse as well as a pair in my car.

I hate it. I can't see anything anymore.

Since I wear glasses ALL the time, I have little patience w/my other half who is CONSTANTLY losing his reading glasses. He tried bifocals, but since he couldn't get used to them. Anyhoo...I guess losing reading glasses is just something I have to get used to.

Let me tell you...continence problems are not only a pain in the tush, it's expensive!

Keep smiling.

I am hoping that because I never had children I will never have incontinency problems. I have heard that pregnancy does a real number on your bladder, etc.

I love this thread too! It goes a long way toward cheering me up. I get so disgusted with all the problems with eyesight, incontinence, forgetfulness, Hair loss, spider veins, double chin, hanging bicepts, sagging boobs, did I mention forgetfullness? Well if I read that so many other wonderful people are able to make jokes about these age and weight related conditions, I figure I can laugh too. Har de freakin' har. :faint::faint::faint::faint::faint::faint::faint::faint::faint::faint::faint::faint::faint::faint::faint::faint:

My little mum didn't have her 3 children until she was in her 30s. I was the smallest, clocking in at 9.25 lbs. :omg: When she was long past menopause she had a prolapsed uterus and had to have this surgically repaired. For months after this operation everytime she sneezed she had an orgasm! She sure was a happy lady. :whoo: lol :biggrin1:

Could be. I've had 4. And my first 3 were within 2 yrs (NOT 2 yrs apart, 3 kids in 2 yrs). Glad that time's over.

Man, that's a lot of work! You deserve your husband's undying devotion. :cool:

Green: To think I used to admire a friend who could orgasm from a little nipple stimulation. Your mom puts her to shame! Did she carry a feather or some pepper? :heh:

Green: To think I used to admire a friend who could orgasm from a little nipple stimulation. Your mom puts her to shame! Did she carry a feather or some pepper? :heh:

Hah! Knowing my mum, this is very likely. :) She was a practical grrl.