Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 16th surgery buddies?.....Let's do this together!

My date is May 19!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I was finally discharged this afternoon and am at home. I'm not having trouble getting fluids in but every time I drink, I get A LOT of gurgling in my sleeve. It doesn't hurt so I'm keeping at it but it's a weird/new sensation. Anyone else experience this?

Tomorrow is surgery day. I am less anxious today then I have been now to get the 34 oz of liquid down between now and bed time

And then up all night in the bathroom

My surgery is tomorrow also! I can hardly sleep!

I've had gurgling too, when I sip a little too much at once. I'm not really on a schedule but just trying to take tiny sips all day. I had liquid pureed lentil Soup and did okay with that but I know I'm not getting enough Protein. In the hospital they gave my Isopure clear and I think that is the best option for getting Fluid and protein in. I'll be ordering some online.

Pain isn't too bad, getting better but I still had a little swig of that liquid Vicodin since it's almost bedtime.

I hope you are all doing well. Good luck tomorrow Nursebeauty23. I'm sure you'll do great and will definitely be happy to have the surgery done. Let us know how you're doing.

'Night!

Can't sleep. Pain is tolerable. Anesthesiologist was awesome. Gave me a patch and three types of nausea.

All my nurses and techs are great

5 & 1/2 hours until surgery. I woke up way to early and now I can't fall back to sleep. I'm excited to just get through today.

I had a band to sleeve revision done on Tuesday. All I wanted to do was sleep after that. Which I think helped tremendously with healing. Got up and walked that night. Pain was mostly soreness and chest pressure from the anesthesia. Walking helped with that using that ball thingie to exercise the lungs. Slept off and on the next day, walked some more. Leak test done yesterday afternoon and no leak found. Started feeling a lot better last night, enjoying the heck out crystal light, 1 oz every 15 minutes. No hunger at all. Now just waiting to find out what time I'm being discharged today. Feel really really good about doing this and looking forward to a better future.

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

Surgery done feeling better today was sick yesterday xx but no real pain just discomfort xxhave been walking about fine xx

Sent from my D6603 using the BariatricPal App

Good luck cc70. You'll be out before you know it and relieved to have it behind you. Sending positive thoughts.

Thank you feeling good xx

Slight discomfort but generally good xx hope yr well

I'm not sure how to add myself to the group

My surgery is in 1 hr xxx

Good luck. Mine is tomorrow

I hope yr surgery went well xx

Good luck how are u feeling xx

Day 3 post-op and I am HUNGRY. Am I the only one?

I have a lot of stomach acid and gurgling, even with the medication and so it's hard to tell if I actually feel hungry or if it's just the acid. With that said, I do feel hunger! And, it also takes me at least an hour to get a shake down. I also know part of it is psychological - I saw a friend's FB lunch post which looked delicious and I started literally salivating thinking about a Tomato salad...

Day 3 post-op and I am HUNGRY. Am I the only one?

I have a lot of stomach acid and gurgling, even with the medication and so it's hard to tell if I actually feel hungry or if it's just the acid. With that said, I do feel hunger! And, it also takes me at least an hour to get a shake down. I also know part of it is psychological - I saw a friend's FB lunch post which looked delicious and I started literally salivating thinking about a Tomato salad...

The kids had pizza for dinner. I got my face as close to it as I could without licking it.