Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 16th surgery buddies?.....Let's do this together!

My surgery was Thursday and so far everything appears to be going ok except loss stool. I know TMI. My abs feel like I have done 1000 sit-ups. Those that are a little a head of me are you still experience this feeling.

@nursebrauty23. I'm glad your surgery went well. I was worried about a BM. But I had one today. how are you doing with your Protein and liquid?

My protein and liquids are going well! I finally passed gas!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Finally had a BM. Protein and liquids are going okay. Gonna drink some hot tea this morning. Seems like the hot liquids is what got me going

Edited by Nursebeauty23

I only average one bowel movement a week. I talked to my doctor about it and she said not to worry about frequency but the ease of it, consistency etc. Anyways, am I going to be expected to have a bowel movement right after surgery since it's really not the norm for me?

You guys I am hungry. Am I suppose to feel hungry? It's only been 3 days post surgery

You guys I am hungry. Am I suppose to feel hungry? It's only been 3 days post surgery

My tummy would gurgle like I was hungry, so then I would eat/drink like 2oz of whatever didn't make me sick, then I was stuffed! Lol... but then my stomach would gurgle again like 10 min later, and I knew I wasn't hungry! Lol... so that's when I learned the difference between being hungry, and the "gurgle" lol...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using the BariatricPal App

One week post op for me today. Here are my stats.

hw = 252
sw = 225.4
cw = 219.4

7 pounds in a week! I'll take it! 32.6 overall.

hw = 252

sw = 225.4

cw = 219.4

That's great I'll be one week Thursday! We will see how much I'm down then!

hw = 252

sw = 225.4

cw = 219.4

Congratulations!

I'm scared I'm losing weight too fast. 10.5 lbs in a week since surgery, 14.5 since I did the liquid diet 24 hours prior to surgery. Of course I did get my period 2 days after surgery so it's likely my initial weights were inflated due to Water retention. Still it's a little scary. Does anyone know if things slow down after we get to the soft pureed foods stage? You would think I'd want to lose weight this quickly but 1) except for closest friends and family I haven't told anyone that I've done this and was hoping it wouldn't be so rapid; 2) I feel like I need every calorie I get in for healing; 3) I'm terrified of hair loss which I know results from the rapid weight loss related hormonal imbalance.

So, 7 days post op, struggling to get anything in. Lucky to get 4 ounces of fluids. Protein? So heavy feeling in my stomach and feel full after one or two sips, with pain. I have an alarm going off every 15 minutes to remind me to sip a drink, but I dread it thinking of the gas and pain I get. Nice part, absolutely no desire to eat, even when I smell delicious foods. Anyone else having difficulty getting liquids in?

Mellissa ~

hw = 252

sw = 225.4

cw = 219.4

Congratulations!

I'm scared I'm losing weight too fast. 10.5 lbs in a week since surgery, 14.5 since I did the liquid diet 24 hours prior to surgery. Of course I did get my period 2 days after surgery so it's likely my initial weights were inflated due to Water retention. Still it's a little scary. Does anyone know if things slow down after we get to the soft pureed foods stage? You would think I'd want to lose weight this quickly but 1) except for closest friends and family I haven't told anyone that I've done this and was hoping it wouldn't be so rapid; 2) I feel like I need every calorie I get in for healing; 3) I'm terrified of hair loss which I know results from the rapid weight loss related hormonal imbalance.

But these were all things that were explained to you before surgery! None of it should come as a surprise! Embrace the weight loss! Just think about being fat or embracing this life decision that you have chosen to make! Don't worry about the what people think or say! They can not love for you or live in your body!

So, 7 days post op, struggling to get anything in. Lucky to get 4 ounces of fluids. Protein? So heavy feeling in my stomach and feel full after one or two sips, with pain. I have an alarm going off every 15 minutes to remind me to sip a drink, but I dread it thinking of the gas and pain I get. Nice part, absolutely no desire to eat, even when I smell delicious foods. Anyone else having difficulty getting liquids in?

Mellissa ~

I'm 5 days post op and it's hard to get Fluid in. I'm still on Clear Liquids and will be for two more weeks then I can go to full liquids. What has helped me is sugar free Popsicles and I bought/ made Soups strained them and drank the broth. Crystal light is too sweet for me so I use the propel ones and chew on ice