Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 16th surgery buddies?.....Let's do this together!

OMG tomorrow is the day. I'm happy and excited.

Good Luck! tomorrow...I am Thursday morning I have to leave my house at 5:15 AM

Glad to hear it! My surgery itself was fine but I am struggling with a lot of nausea and pain. Doing my best to sip but it's pretty limited still. Hoping to feel better tomorrow when the anesthesia and gas wears off a bit more,

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

OMG I can't sleep. I'm up and down

I sleep for an hour or less then have to get up for the bathroom. These fluids they pump you with are no joke! I'm pretty uncomfortable. The anti-nausea meds only take the edge off and I'm trying to avoid narcotic painkillers and instead having IV Tylenol to avoid the nausea that comes with narcotics. I've taken maybe 5 walks down the hall since yesterday late afternoon but other than some belching I'm not really getting any relief from the gas. I know day by day I will feel better but this is tougher than I anticipated!

I made it through surgery and all is good now......when they first brought me to my room from recovery they didnt have my pain pump ready and no one seemed to know who my nurse was.....I can honestly say it was the worse pain I've ever experienced!!!....Wade (my hubby) got them in shape pretty fast but he had to talk to them like they were inmates!.(he's a corrections officer in a prison).lol.....they are all doing a really job now!....I've already been up and made 3 laps around the ward....so much much better now!....forgive any misspellings I'm very drugged.....Dilloten (sp).....is my BFF right now!!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

@@kmorri - hey! so glad to hear you are doing well. keep walking, it will get better.

Do you know when you will be doing your leak test?

Jane

Update: I had my surgery yesterday at 12 noon. Went very well. In my room by 2. I haven't needed anymore pain meds after the initial the pumped me with during surgery. Never used my PCA. I have been up and walking every 2 hrs. No gas pains yet. Started taking Zofran for nausea about 8 hrs ago. No other discomfort. Feeling very blessed right now.

Update: I had my surgery yesterday at 12 noon. Went very well. In my room by 2. I haven't needed anymore pain meds after the initial the pumped me with during surgery. Never used my PCA. I have been up and walking every 2 hrs. No gas pains yet. Started taking Zofran for nausea about 8 hrs ago. No other discomfort. Feeling very blessed right now.

Great!! Hopefully I'm as lucky. I go tomorrow

@@kmorri Something similar happened to me after a leg fracture repair - they read the orders for the pain pump incorrectly! I felt like someone had run over my leg with a Mack truck. Not good! I'm glad you're getting Dilaudid now - good drug! ;-). Hope you feel better soon!

Thanks all for the words that I am not alone. I know I over analyze things.I feel like God told me to do this so I should be confident that things will turn out fine. Most of you will be safely at home next week and starting your new normal

You are not alone. I too have been praying for this. And felt that God wanted me to do this. He certainly put all the right obstacles in front of me. You will do great! had my op yesterday and I'm doing great also.

Sent from my SM-G386T using the BariatricPal App

They just did the leak test....told me it looked good....but the official results have to be sent up here

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

@@kmorri - YOU are lucky, I had to wait until almost noon. How is the pain?