Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did you all get your books??

Yes! I did get an email this morning. You can bet I'll be watching my bank account today.. Geez!!

"Dear Ms. Goldsmith,

We are part of the fulfillment arm of a publishing company which process your order.

While balancing the orders today we found errors that occurred during import which we have applied to our credit card account.

Because we found these error after the cut off time you will not see them until tomorrow which is the next business day.

For the inconvenience we have also credited your account an additional $16.45 so the book will cost you nothing.

- Customer Service -

"

Well, that is great if they follow through like they are supposed to. I will definately watch my bill when I get it! Thanks for letting us know so we can watch out for it. At least you got a quick answer!

Leatha, what is the name of the fullfillment center that charged your debit card? I want to call my bank and see if did the same to me!

I ordered the book this morning. I truly hope it doesn't take as long to get my book. Hopefully they got it together by now. I charged mine on Amex so if there is a problem, they will take care of it immediately.

Wouldn't ya know it!!! On Saturday morning I sent them an email threatening to cancel my order and contact my credit card company, then the book was delivered on Saturday afternoon! Talk about eating crow...

On Sunday, I read the book cover to cover. It is a very good book, although I have to say that I only learned a few new things. I guess everyone here has done a pretty darn good job of educating me!!! Thanks ya'll!!! :( Also, I contacted my bank on Friday and had them look through the charges on my debit/credit card. There didn't appear to be anything unusual, YET. And one other thing, if I were Dr. Ortiz I would be very upset with the publisher. The book I received is crooked! Yep, every page seems to be slightly diagonal, LOL! And there is one page of pictures that is upside down.

Blossom, Dr. Ortiz is very upset with this publishing company not for what you mentioned but for the delays and the overcharges. I know this for certain.

That is strange about your book being printed all weird, I am going to let him know about all of this. . I got my book on Friday and had no overcharge to my account. I have read the book also and enjoyed it, there were a few things I learned but most I all ready knew from these boards and all of you and from Ortiz being my actual surgeon

Michelle - I like you knew most of the things in the book, but there were a few things that I learned. I think it is a good book, and it is nice to have around for a reference book. I would think it would be a great book for anyone that is new or considering the surgery. He seems like a very good and caring doctor.

Well I got my book. I've only read a couple of chapters this morning.

Couldn't figure out why my checking account took a nose dive. Well the original charge for my book was $16.45. I thought I had escaped the infamous "overcharge" that some of you had experienced.

When checking my on-line banking, there is another charge for $378.50 from the same publishing company that shows up as a debit card charge from "The Savings Net".

They charged my account AGAIN for $378.50?????? This is unbelievable! Dr. Ortiz should be appauled that the company that's handling the sale of his book is making these kinds of mistakes! I just hope that I have some luck in getting this cleared up. The phone number on the website that advertises the book goes straight into a voice mail system.

WARNING!! WARNING!!! You guys need to really watch your cards you sent in for this book. I have just looked at my bank account, where I used my debit card. This company had not only charged my account the $16.45 for the SECOND time (it was charged on 11/5) but, it has also charged my account for $378.50!!!!!!!!!!! Luckily, I called the bank right away and disputed the charge and showed them where this company has already gotten their money on 11/5 when I first ordered the book, but imagine my heart attack when I went to find my account overdrawn with some strange charge of $378.50.. I am so NOT happy right now!

I am certain (I hope) that this is a big big mistake on their part, but this mistake now holds my account in freeze state until the dispute is cleared up, which ties my hands money-wise. This is so unfair. Thankfully, all my bills for the mid-month check had already gone out of the account. Amazing!! Simply amazing!!

By the way, I did call the number associated with the charge and let them have a piece of my mind (voice mail, of course!). After this, my book should be damn well free of charge. lol

Wow!! Same thing happened to me this morning!!! $378.50 is a HUGE mistake to make!!! And right before Christmas! Bah Humbug!

Leatha, did your bank just put a hold on the $378.50 or your entire account? This is not good.

Leatha or someone, would you post the name of the company that charged the credit cards? I would like to call my bank and be sure that no more charges have been made, but I don't know company to look for.

Betty, the charge on my credit card was correct. The name of the charge on your card is or should be The Savings Network Inc, here is their phone number 949-394-8741

Well, I am glad I checked, they got me for the $378.50 too. Now to deal with the credit card company. What are they doing here? Everybody please check your bill!

Well, I called my credit card company and they paid them on the 19th! Just my luck. I emailed the book company and also called. I got a recording and left my number to call me back. I sure hope this gets settled fast! I guess I should have checked a lttle earlier and then I could have stopped payment before all this happened.