Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Look what fun fact i found about scales?

And there's you sign.

The irony of the misspelling. ;)

Bless your heart. :D

Another hurtful ridicule.

Feel better now?.

Point proven.

Prayers going up for you.

@ Womanvsmirror:

Now aren't you glad you posted your harmless and interesting comment about scales?????

Prayers going up for us all.

And there's you sign.

The irony of the misspelling. ;)

Bless your heart. :D

Another hurtful ridicule.

Feel better now?.

Point proven.

Prayers going up for you.

As much as I appreciate prayers, I'd urge you to take the time you'd spend focusing on me and do a bit of self reflection on why you can so readily dish it out but are completely unable to take a bit back. ;)

I will pray for you.

Well this thread went right down the shitter. scales SUCK! You will drive yourself nuts with one. Just follow your plan. You know what you're suppose to do right? It will all work out. I understand you were just making light of the situation just know that the only scale that matters is the one with the numbers being sent to the insurance company. Unfortunately they won't care about the scale variations. Exceed the scale!!

And there's your sign.

wow i thought i was salty, shit lady you take the cake, and since the people you mentioned are each not obese and you 5 years out, still are according to your stats. So maybe you shouldn't be throwing stones at them until you yourself can fix your own problems?

Yeah i know ill get lambasted for saying it. but you haven't earned the right to criticise those who have earned that right and are winning their fight.

I will forgive you 'fore you know not of what you speak.

I never knew since I'm OBESE, that I didn't not have the "right" to be offended by the bullying of the newbies.

You know nothing of my journey, but you are entitled to your opinion as I am mine. However, I do not believe that you have the right to be hurtful.

Prayers going up for---everyone.

Sooooooooo.........does that mean we're not talkin' about scales anymore........okey dokey.....darn.....I had sum more good trival stuff :unsure:

Here’s a fun fact that most scale manufacturers don’t want you to know: it is considered “normal” for a digital scale to have at least a 1% variation. Doesn’t seem like much, right? Let’s take an average guy who weighs 200 pounds as an example. With a 1% variation, the manufacturer will consider it normal for the scale to read 198 pounds or 202 pounds. That’s a 4-pound difference

And here I am going crazy weighing myself 10 times a day. Let me change that to "FUN STATEMENT "

http://www.myweighin.net/find-accurate-scales/

Three years out (in May) and successfully maintaining goal weight. I step on my scale 3-6 times a day minimum and that's ok. I never worry about fluctuations because that's the norm. I weigh 2-4 pound heavier at night than I do first thing in the AM. I weigh more on my scale than I do on the doctor's scale. When I was fat, I only weighed buck naked after a pee, first thing in the morning and at night right before my shower.

Now, I hop on and off all day, dressed, not dressed, full bladder, after a potty break... I am so happy to see my current number, I don't care what the scale says at the moment.

I've learned that how my pants fit is SO MUCH MORE IMPORTANT than the damn scale. Who see that anyway?

If it drives you nuts, put it away. If you use it as a reminder to keep on task, keep it out. It's a tool, not a torture device unless you choose it to be.

I've learned that how my pants fit is SO MUCH MORE IMPORTANT than the damn scale.

Everything about scales can be completely thrown out the window if you just remember the above statement. ;)

@@Womanvsmirror,

That definitely is interesting – thanks for sharing the results of your research with us! That makes a lot of sense since most of us are only buying cheap digital home scales rather than high-quality industrial ones, but it still is a bit jarring! I know so many of us let the scale dictate mood, even if we know it shouldn’t, and we read the scale to the nearest 0.1 lb…now we know it’s likely to be off by about 2 lbs! It would be funny if it weren’t such a big deal to us…