Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

DID ANYONE WISH THEY HAD, OR DID TAKE VERY CREATIVE BEFORE AND AFTER PICS?

I am tossing around ideas for before and after pics. But I've noticed a lot of us hid from the camera so much we don't have many "before". I am thinking about an actual photo shoot the week before surgery and a year after, with the same theme. I also have a few dresses at home that I will take selfies with every month to document the change. Has anyone not taken any or enough pics and wish they had? or I would love to see if you have some creative before and after's.

I meant to - but well. we got busy with life. :D I do have a number of pictures here or there because my kids challenged me a few years ago that I wasn't in their pictures (kids don't CARE that you are heavy, to your kids you are probably beautiful) well, that is because I am always the photographer! after that I made it a point to make sure I am in some of their pictures and once I get to the point of putting up before and after shots, I should be able to find something. Although I am not photogenic, never have been. all my life my mother got a roll of film back and said, TINA, do you have to constantly make faces???? (I can't help it, there is always something amusing going on) she loves digital cameras. she just deletes the weird ones now.

I had an idea where I took pics in a shirt that was too small and would take a new one each week, the problem was within a few weeks, the shirt fit and then got too big, but I never got the right effect.

@@Womanvsmirror, my NUT took one. She said a lot of people ask for a copy post. I have a couple of pics taken right after and just before.

Like @@Christinamo7, I TRULY hate having my pic taken. If I try to smile I look like its faked and my face looks uncomfortable. I like the caught in the moment shots like , "Hey Jane" and when I look, their way they take the picture. I think it is the "posing" that generates the uncomfortable look. My daughter is extremely photogenic, go figure!

I hope that I get the chance to do the photo shoot I want. But I cant really lock anything in until I have a surgery date. Then once I have a date a have a small window of time to make it happen around work and pre op appointments.

I did do a before pic from like the week before surgery and then I do a pic every month because I deal with the whole body dis morphia thing and unless I see side by sides in pictures I don't see the change in me despite losing over 100 lbs now. I make sure to take one straight and on side shot each time. I also stand in front of the same doorway so that I can see the difference in how I fit in front of the door. I will attach my most recent comparison shot for you.

post-256922-14618548188406_thumb.jpg

I never got to take a real "before" shot.. I have pics, but they're only of my face (hello, social media!) so I guess I won't have a lot of comparison afterward [emoji37]

@@Womanvsmirror and @@cat.jackson89 I would recommend measuring yourself too.

The best NSV is when I can put on smaller clothing. When I stall for a week or two the inches are usually dropping when the scale hasn't moved.

I think it's a great idea!

The best NSV is when I can put on smaller clothing. When I stall for a week or two the inches are usually dropping when the scale hasn't moved.

Will do! Thanks!

That is a great point. That helped during my stalls...BTW, this makes the job much easier: https://www.qualitylogoproducts.com/tradeshow-promotions/body-tape-measure.htm?variant=BLANK&imageID=37698&gclid=Cj0KEQjw6Ya5BRDdyOewyo_Z_64BEiQA-fVKez4PBIecKLaU8m-FHCs6CtjJdq60af-w8Ld0E8aqYBEaApNA8P8HAQ

A while back, someone posted a photo of her standing by a pile of potting soil bags that matched the amount she had lost. I don't remember who it was.

It came to mind last week when I bought a 20 pound bag of potting soil last week and could barely lift it (granted it was wet).

As an aside, someone on Facebook posted a picture from her film noir photo shoot. I want one of those when I get to goal!

@@Womanvsmirror

I used to hate having my picture taken....avoided it like the plague.

I took my "before" shots to post in my profile pics here. Took them the afternoon prior to my October 2015 sleeve surgery. Nothing interesting.....just a couple candid pics of guy who was ready to change his life by getting healthy.

Now.....I have no aversion to the camera and roll along with whatever friends, family or work folks wanna do as far as photo ops are concerned.

Still don't have anything really cool taken.

I went on vacation during The Masters this year and didn't get the chance to get out there on the course and have some cool pics taken there. I no longer fool around with golf, but I love the beauty of Augusta National and enjoy walking the grounds during the practice rounds.

I live in Augusta, and still have not attended the Masters

I live in Augusta, and still have not attended the Masters

It is a most unique place.

First time I went there I was all about golf. Loved the game and enjoyed watching the pros on television.

That all changed when I stepped out onto the grounds of The National. The beauty of the place simply blew me away. It is immaculate in it's perfection.....grass, trees, sands, gently rolling elevation changes......a gorgeous piece of real estate.

Now that I no longer really have interests in golf....I still enjoy getting out there and walking the course. Everything seems to bloom right on time every year in early April. It's our best weather month here, in my opinion.