Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How about eating chicken (blended to a soft consistency like chicken salad)with a little buffalo sauce? It might hit the spot. I haven't had WLS but I think my Nutritionist said chicken was okay in that stage.

You might even be able to add a little Franks Red Hot sauce to your Beans. Now some people cannot take spicy food post-op (especially this early) so if you do it, just try a tiny tiny bit and see how you do. I use that stuff a LOT post-op. I make a buffalo chicken salad (that I got recipe on here somewhere) and a buffalo chicken hot dip (really good). Both of those work well during even pureed stage, so when you get there, see if you can find the recipes or send me a message and I will send you those recipes. These are both way better choices than buffalo wings but give you the taste you are craving.

The crock pot is your friend right now. Cook a chicken with your favorite "wing" sauce in a crock pot and let it do its thing all day.

The meat then will be soft and moist and yummy enough to blend into a puree stage or chopped finely enough to fit into your diet stage.

One thing though--you might want to hold back a wee bit on the "hot" in your wing sauce. I will be 5yrs out in June and still can't tolerate anything spicy. Most sleevers can, but for the first time, I recommend you just ease off on the spicy.

Enjoy! It may look yucky, but it will be soooooo YUMMY!

You might even be able to add a little Franks Red Hot sauce to your Beans. Now some people cannot take spicy food post-op (especially this early) so if you do it, just try a tiny tiny bit and see how you do. I use that stuff a LOT post-op. I make a buffalo chicken salad (that I got recipe on here somewhere) and a buffalo chicken hot dip (really good). Both of those work well during even pureed stage, so when you get there, see if you can find the recipes or send me a message and I will send you those recipes. These are both way better choices than buffalo wings but give you the taste you are craving.

I would love the recipes !!! I been cleared to move on to soft mushy foods just chose to stay on liquid an extra week to take it slow but it's killing me lol I love hot wings ! I wanted to try hot sauce on my Beans but my old man said NO ! He didn't like the fact I ate a lemon today !!! But I needed flavor !

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using the BariatricPal App

Edited by future Mrs

@@future Mrs - First, let me be clear. I am not at all saying these are necessarily the healthiest things to be eating, but honestly they aren't too bad. It will cure your wing craving though.... Oh and just eat the dip with a fork. Tiny bites at first. I had a tough time with shredded chicken early on.

Buffalo chicken salad (apologies to the person who posted this originally - I didn't write down the name so I cannot give credit where credit is due!)

Shredded chicken breast, about 9 oz. (I usually poach my own, but I've also used canned or rotisserie chicken)
2 oz. crumbled blue cheese
5.3 oz container plain Greek yogurt
chopped celery/onion
garlic powder/dried dill/S&P to taste
Frank's Red Hot until it's at your preferred spice level (as @@Valentina said - take it easy on this until you know if you will tolerate spicy)

Buffalo Chicken Hot Dip - not sure where I got this one - probably here also :D - I have taken this one to parties and it was a hit. No one even knew it had lower fat options in it.

• 2 cups Chicken Breast, chopped
• 1/2 cup Reduced Fat Blue cheese Crumbles, crumbled
• 6 oz 0% Yogurt
• 8 oz Cream Cheese 1/3 Less Fat
• 1 tbsp The Original Ranch Salad Dressing & Seasoning Powdered Mix
• 1/2 cup Low-moisture Part-skim Sliced Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
• 1/2 cup Red Hot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce

Oh also - not buffalo flavored but if you like lasagna, check out the Ricotta Bake from theworldaccordingtoeggface.com. It is to die for! Basically lasagna without noodles!

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2007/08/pureed-foods.html

@@future Mrs - First, let me be clear. I am not at all saying these are necessarily the healthiest things to be eating, but honestly they aren't too bad. It will cure your wing craving though.... Oh and just eat the dip with a fork. Tiny bites at first. I had a tough time with shredded chicken early on.

Buffalo chicken salad (apologies to the person who posted this originally - I didn't write down the name so I cannot give credit where credit is due!)

Shredded chicken breast, about 9 oz. (I usually poach my own, but I've also used canned or rotisserie chicken)

2 oz. crumbled blue cheese

5.3 oz container plain Greek yogurt

chopped celery/onion

garlic powder/dried dill/S&P to taste

Frank's Red Hot until it's at your preferred spice level (as @@Valentina said - take it easy on this until you know if you will tolerate spicy)

Buffalo Chicken Hot Dip - not sure where I got this one - probably here also :D - I have taken this one to parties and it was a hit. No one even knew it had lower fat options in it.

• 2 cups Chicken Breast, chopped

• 1/2 cup Reduced Fat Blue cheese Crumbles, crumbled

• 6 oz 0% Yogurt

• 8 oz Cream Cheese 1/3 Less Fat

• 1 tbsp The Original Ranch Salad Dressing & Seasoning Powdered Mix

• 1/2 cup Low-moisture Part-skim Sliced Mozzarella Cheese, shredded

• 1/2 cup Red Hot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce

Oh also - not buffalo flavored but if you like lasagna, check out the Ricotta Bake from theworldaccordingtoeggface.com. It is to die for! Basically lasagna without noodles!

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2007/08/pureed-foods.html

Thank you. I don't cook, my better half does but I am printing this off for him to make !!!

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using the BariatricPal App

@@future Mrs - Welcome! To be fair, this is more assembling than actual cooking. :D

When you do get to where you can think about eating some chicken, the stuff I that think is the safest of prepared chicken is the pulled chicken breast in BBQ Sauce. That is already shredded in the direction of the fibers, not just sliced into hard chunks, and it's skinless and low fat meat.

lol, this craving is funny to me. I had the exact same one. As a matter of fact, a hot wing was the first "normal" food I had after my surgeon gave the all clear. I took the kids to BW3's and grabbed one of their wings.

And then I promptly threw it back up. I haven't craved a wing since.

Now I will have shredded or canned chicken with wing sauce, but not a proper wing. I liken it to that time you get really drunk on bourbon and puked. You'll never drink it again. So it is with the chicken wing.