Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My pureed/ soft food phase starts on Day 7

I had to call my NUT today just to confirm that I really should start my pureed/ soft foods phase on tomorrow. It seems that the norm on these boards are two weeks of liquids so i just wanted to clarify. She said absolutely yes...I feel as if I'm ready because I have actually been hungry today and look forward to something different. She said that being on Clear Liquids for an entire week can lead to Vitamin deficiencies. Also, it will hopefully make it easier for my Vitamins intake being able to take them after real food. What were some of the first soft foods did you try?

Also, I asked about the Vitamin patch, because I hate taking vitamins... she said it was a scam because Vitamins can't be absorbed through the skin. Different strokes for different folks I guess

Cottage cheese was the first, then a soft-boiled egg, then refried Beans. fish after that (cooked in sauce in the oven).

Good luck!

Cottage cheese was the first, then a soft-boiled egg, then refried Beans. fish after that (cooked in sauce in the oven).

Good luck!

My mouth is watering, thanks!

Good luck!

My mouth is watering, thanks!

I tell you truly, that soft-boiled egg was the most delicious thing I'd ever tasted. It was just exactly what I wanted, and my sleeve (which was being very cranky at that point) liked it just fine.

I was on full liquids for 2 weeks, then week 3 soft/pureed foods. eggs, cottage cheese, yogurt without fruit, applesauce, soft fish, still had Soups, like tomatoe, it tasted so good, enjoy

I skipped the puree stage and just stayed on Protein shakes during that time.

I kept reading about the dreaded 3-week stall from many posters. I also see what some of them were eating during the pureed stage and could't help but see a correlation. Too many carbs for what my goals were.

I knew there were certainly healthy pureed choices that I could have....but I just was scared to open that door.....yogurt one day may lead me to ice cream the next. lol. I just didn't trust myself enough to go there. I'm simply being honest.

If I had it to do all over again.....I'd proceed in the same way as before. That 4 weeks....following the 2 weeks of pre-op Protein Shakes only....that month and a half really helped me cement the changes in how I viewed food.

I was done with cravings....done with food as an answer. All I wanted was to burn off as much fat as I could and take in the fuel that my body needed...not what my mind may be compelling it to do.

The sleeve is a powerful tool for weight loss.....but I see now that it's only there as a parachute when we lose our willpower. Our minds are the most effective tool we have....but not always in the game, obviously. I do feel that we gain considerable mental toughness as a result of our wls. I'll bet that many of us could take our post-op mental strength......and lose considerable weight without the wls......and keep it off. I really do.

It's that toughness and confidence that keeps me grinning all day long.....even when job stress or other stressors conspire to steal a brotha's grin. :D