Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

so the weather is getting warmer and that means my favorite thing...flip flops!!!

so I needed to prepare and realized another NSV...easily painting my own toenails

woooo!!!!

Isn't it great?!!!?!?!!?

my best friend came over to help me plant two roses today (next weekend is my birthday)

and when we were sitting in my chairs out back, visiting afterwards, I pulled my legs up into the chair. haven't done that in FOREVER. before surgery I would have needed to be inside in the AC as it was warm and we had been working. It was nice to feel normal. to sit in the sun and visit.

@@Sophie74656 - Amen sister! That was one of my favorite NSVs!!

Flip flops were NOT what I was hoping for when I saw "Warm Weather NSV"...

And for the record, here in Australia, we call flip flops thongs...

And what you call thongs, we call niiiiiiiiiice (G-string actually)...

Anyway...

Good on you for whatever you said after 'flip flops'...

I kinda lost interest once I saw that..

:D

OK you guys-STOP!!!!! It has reverted to winter here in the UK. I was about to pack away my boots and woolies and get the flip flops and tee shirts out as a few days of beautiful spring sunshine had lulled me into a false sense of security. It is cold, wet, the weather forecast for the coming week is depressing and the flip flops ain't coming out. Oh, the joys of wellies!!!!!!

Been rocking the flip flops since a recent cruise. Bought them at a surf shop on the way to the port.

Those....a bathing suit.....and a beach towel were my uniform for poolside bars for a week.

Still enjoying them while back at home where the weather has been glorious.

Came home from work last night and couldn't find my new flip flops.......seems that my son has discovered them and is calling them his. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Okay....okay......fair. I'll play his silly little game.

See.....I'm now buying and wearing some 2xl sized polos and t-shirts. My son wears xl sized and owns some really, really cool shirts.

In my best Yoda voice I awared him of the state of things now....and of the future, "My flip flops you wear now......your shirts I will wear soon......do.....do not....there is no try". Or something like that..........

Anyway...

FYI... growing up in Brooklyn, NY, we also called them 'thongs'. Had to change that though for the same reason...everyone else called them flip-flops and thongs were now thought of as G-strings. But in my heart... :P...I still think of them as thongs. Not sure if this is a NY thing, or regional (Northeast region of USA)

In my best Yoda voice I awared him of the state of things now....and of the future, "My flip flops you wear now......your shirts I will wear soon......do.....do not....there is no try". Or something like that..........

turnabout is fair play! show us a picture when you are borrowing his shirts :D

Anyway...

FYI... growing up in Brooklyn, NY, we also called them 'thongs'. Had to change that though for the same reason...everyone else called them flip-flops and thongs were now thought of as G-strings. But in my heart... :P...I still think of them as thongs. Not sure if this is a NY thing, or regional (Northeast region of USA)

they were also called thongs in Northern Michigan.

​I hear you @@jintycb!! I was lulled in as well. Almost planted my flowers and garden then out of nowhere winter came back to Montana! Congratulations @@Sophie74656, that's a great NSV!

Haha I've heard them called thongs here too but whenever i hear thong I think of the undies

I flew from Washington to Arizona recently. I got to wear shorts and loved it. But the biggest surprise was when I sat on the airplane seat and slowly buckled my seatbelt. I saw it buckle, heard it click and had a foot of of belt left over. I was so happy I'm dancing in my seat singing, smiling,,,,, bee bopping around ,then... .the stewardess came over and asked if I was o.k.? After I realized people were watching; I told her I had lost 144 pounds and was happy I was able to buckle the seatbelt without needing an extender. Next thing I know...people are clapping. I bet my face was a million shades of red. I thanked all and asked if we can go now..... :)

That indeed was a new experience I shall never forget.... :rolleyes: