Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fairly new to this blog. Need some advice ASAP

Hey.....it's possible that he wanted the bread and ice cream for himself ????

The pre-op and short term post-op liquid times filled my family with trepidation and concerns. They voiced concerns over this being how I'd be living......and not grilling and cooking for them anymore.

Their concerns were eased up, as I advanced through these stages and onto the real way of eating that I've settled into. I cook and grill often and the main entree's are what I enjoy, while making additional side dishes and Desserts for them.

I stayed outa the kitchen during my liquid diet phases, though. And outa the grocery stores. All totaled this was a 5 week time period.....just Protein powder or Protein pre-made shakes. You'd not believe the stuff they stocked the shelves with during that period.....all sorts of sweets, chips and junk food that could have been insanely tempting.....at a time when I really wasn't needing temptation.

It all worked out. Reaching past the family's junk food to grab my canisters of powder soon filled me with pride. I'd become galvanized and singular in purpose. That 6 weeks was a major turning point for me. Weight started falling off at a great rate.....5 pounds/week.....double the rate I'd already been losing while on my bariatric program's diet leading up to that point.

I'm grateful for that time frame. Fighting the temptation battle within the safe confines of my own home.....facing that and coming out on top.....at home.......forged my willpower and made facing the same temptations out in public, at work, at play around strangers, in restaurants, etc.....made me stronger and better for it.

As cool as it would be if our families fell into step with us in those early days......it is simply not realistic. They have fears and act out. My wife and son are normal sized. They fit the height/weight charts. Heck, my son is undersized and needs to eat significantly more, in his doctor's opinion.

I've read time and time again of our the tales of friends on here at Bariatric Pal......case where their families went the opposite direction than they did.....really amping up the temptation. Guess what? Most of those BP friends went on to be the most successful at their wls results. Some of them even continued to shop and prepare meals for their family during their own liquid phases. I couldn't do that particular act, but have huge respect for them.

Just consider it a mini-test that you are able to address within the safety of your own home. Nobody there to judge you for simply standing there with the fridge open.....looking that junk food in the eye.....and cussing out loud at it.....flipping it the bird.....and reaching past it to get to your Protein Shakes.........

Hey.....it's possible that he wanted the bread and ice cream for himself ????

The pre-op and short term post-op liquid times filled my family with trepidation and concerns. They voiced concerns over this being how I'd be living......and not grilling and cooking for them anymore.

Their concerns were eased up, as I advanced through these stages and onto the real way of eating that I've settled into. I cook and grill often and the main entree's are what I enjoy, while making additional side dishes and Desserts for them.

I stayed outa the kitchen during my liquid diet phases, though. And outa the grocery stores. All totaled this was a 5 week time period.....just Protein powder or Protein pre-made shakes. You'd not believe the stuff they stocked the shelves with during that period.....all sorts of sweets, chips and junk food that could have been insanely tempting.....at a time when I really wasn't needing temptation.

It all worked out. Reaching past the family's junk food to grab my canisters of powder soon filled me with pride. I'd become galvanized and singular in purpose. That 6 weeks was a major turning point for me. Weight started falling off at a great rate.....5 pounds/week.....double the rate I'd already been losing while on my bariatric program's diet leading up to that point.

I'm grateful for that time frame. Fighting the temptation battle within the safe confines of my own home.....facing that and coming out on top.....at home.......forged my willpower and made facing the same temptations out in public, at work, at play around strangers, in restaurants, etc.....made me stronger and better for it.

As cool as it would be if our families fell into step with us in those early days......it is simply not realistic. They have fears and act out. My wife and son are normal sized. They fit the height/weight charts. Heck, my son is undersized and needs to eat significantly more, in his doctor's opinion.

I've read time and time again of our the tales of friends on here at Bariatric Pal......case where their families went the opposite direction than they did.....really amping up the temptation. Guess what? Most of those BP friends went on to be the most successful at their wls results. Some of them even continued to shop and prepare meals for their family during their own liquid phases. I couldn't do that particular act, but have huge respect for them.

Just consider it a mini-test that you are able to address within the safety of your own home. Nobody there to judge you for simply standing there with the fridge open.....looking that junk food in the eye.....and cussing out loud at it.....flipping it the bird.....and reaching past it to get to your protein shakes.........

The truth hurts cannot ask for anymore than that though. It hurt my feelings that he grabbed those things while shopping for me WITH ME. But sir, u r absolutely right. At the moment it hurt like hell. I felt that this journey would be impossible with him but I have come to realize that this is MY journey. What he eats doesn't tempt me anymore. Actually, my healthy habits are tempting him! Thank u for ur response

If u fail to plan, u plan to fail.

Being 8 days post-op I can tell you that, for me, the pre-op diet was MUCH more difficult than the post-op diet. My wife and kids have been supportive in that they would eat upstairs in my wife's office...lol. Since the surgery, though, I can be in the same room as the food and have little to no desire (aside from mental desire) to eat it. I rarely feel "hungry" and I hear from a lot of others it was that way for them too.

Hopefully your husband will realize you're doing this to better your life (which obviously includes him!) and come around to be there for you.

Best of luck to you!

Thank u. Everyone is on board (now) and this ship is setting to sail soon!

What part of GA are you in ?

Well I've been on the 2 week diet plan that my surgeon has given me. This last week has been especially hard due to my cycle starting in the middle of the week. It was then that I noticed that I truly AM an emotional eater. Sweets make me smile. So I cheated. Only to feel bad and naughty in doing so. I also realized that my husband might not be as supportive as he appears to be. I went shopping for my new diet and he bought my favorite bread (which he has NEVER purchased) and of course, ice cream. I know that I'm a steam engine waiting to blow this week coming if he tries any stupid stunts like that again. I just pray I'll make it through this upcoming liquid phase. I don't have any friends or family here (military wife and veteran myself). I feel extremely alone. I feel my depression is coming back. This journey has been so tiring that sometimes quitting seems too easy. Either way, thanks for letting me vent.

Well I've been on the 2 week diet plan that my surgeon has given me. This last week has been especially hard due to my cycle starting in the middle of the week. It was then that I noticed that I truly AM an emotional eater. Sweets make me smile. So I cheated. Only to feel bad and naughty in doing so. I also realized that my husband might not be as supportive as he appears to be. I went shopping for my new diet and he bought my favorite bread (which he has NEVER purchased) and of course, ice cream. I know that I'm a steam engine waiting to blow this week coming if he tries any stupid stunts like that again. I just pray I'll make it through this upcoming liquid phase. I don't have any friends or family here (military wife and veteran myself). I feel extremely alone. I feel my depression is coming back. This journey has been so tiring that sometimes quitting seems too easy. Either way, thanks for letting me vent.

@@Womanvsmirror in near Ft Stewart, Ga 31314

Ok I'm outside of Ft. Gordon

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I'm near Fort Stewart Ga 31414