Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dealing with toddler post opp

Thanks for the replies. I got a date scheduled and went to my last appointment with him yesterday where we had to watch videos and discuss the actual proceedure. Even though Ive been talking about it for a couple months, he didnt seem to quiet understand til now. He just said hed take the 2 days off after ai get out of hospital for some help, I was amazed. We already discussed putting her in daycare for half days for the first week or two and having his parents help me a little. Not sure how much help they will be though, Im usually waiting on them. But we shall see...started preop clear liquid diet today. Wish I could fast forward 2 months

Sent from my SM-G900P using the BariatricPal App

This is progress! Let us know how it goes.

This is progress! Let us know how it goes.

Well, not sure I'll be able to find out. Just got denied by insurance, so appeals and more fun to come

I have a 2 month old and an almost 2 year old and I was fine. Granted my mom took off the 3 days post op to help out. Lifting my 20 month old was pretty impossible but I was able to work around it. You'll be fine. Let us know how you do!

Sent from my SM-N920T using the BariatricPal App

To reduce fatigue, make sure you get your Vitamins - whether it's with liquid vitamins, chewable, or Patches. I think it helps to use a Protein shake made as a Meal Replacement shake too, which should have about 1/3 of the RDA of all Vitamins and minerals - I know that SlimFast High Protein/Advanced Nutrition have that, but they are not the only ones. Some Protein shakes are basically just Protein though. It's also important to stay hydrated.

I have a 2 month old and an almost 2 year old and I was fine. Granted my mom took off the 3 days post op to help out. Lifting my 20 month old was pretty impossible but I was able to work around it. You'll be fine. Let us know how you do!

2 month old? Did I read that correctly? Im surprised they let you do surgery so close to giving birth

I have four kids and help my mom raise my five nieces and nephews youngest being 4 months and second youngest is two and iT wasn't a problem for me . You shouldn't be in pain unless u have complications . O think the hardest part will be watching them eat stuff u want but can't have .

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using the BariatricPal App

Yes that's right. I had been working on weight loss for a while and was in the process of getting approved for the sleeve when my pcp said to take out my IUD birth control as she contributed my sudden weight gain to the hormones in it as one last thing to try before WLS. Yeah well within a month I was pregnant. I had completed practically all the requirements before getting pregnant so the doctor said if everything went well with delivery I was OK to get it at 2 months post birth. I'm so glad I had a smooth natural delivery. I'm still on maternity leave from work so I'll get another month to recover from the sleeve. I don't have to come back to work them take off again in a few months so it worked out really well.

I am 11 days post op and I have been tired, but at the same time I have more energy when it comes to housework or my kids. I have a 2 year old that can be very trying at times, but it hasn't been too bad at all. My advice is that if anybody is willing to help, please take it! I didn't think I needed any help and now I wish I had rested up just a little more than I did! Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Getting an extended stay at the hospital is hard. Just because insurance doesn't want to fork out the money. Although I told them I was having severe nausea and bought myself an additional night. I was pissed at the moment but it paid off in the long run. I was released two days post op. I keep up on my meds and STAY ACTIVE. walking around the house, throwing in a load of laundry, doing the dishes. All light weight stuff but it has paid off and made the pain WAYYYY less. Seriously I'm at like a 2/10 on the pain scale right now and I just sat down for the day. I have a very active just turned 2 yr old and five yr old. To keep them away from my tummy, I make them help with chores. My daughter gets a kick out of wiping things down. If I keep her engaged, she stays away from my belly. If she needs snuggles, I put a pillow in-between my belly and her. It can be done! My husband while totally supportive doesn't understand post operative needs. He even thought I should be able to eat IMMEDIATELY lol

Sent from my XT1585 using the BariatricPal App

Well hopefully at some point I'll be able to see how it goes. My surgery was denied by insurance and Dr says my insurance co has been trying to drag them all out and doesn't expect it to be quick approval if at all :(

Well hopefully at some point I'll be able to see how it goes. My surgery was denied by insurance and Dr says my insurance co has been trying to drag them all out and doesn't expect it to be quick approval if at all :(

I'm sorry to hear that Brenda. Why was it denied? Alot of the times it takes a few submissions before it's approved.

I'm sorry to hear that Brenda. Why was it denied? Alot of the times it takes a few submissions before it's approved.

Its through medicaid. According to my doctor's office they have been denying everyone for some reason or another even though it's supposed to be covered. They used to require a three-year pre-op diet so no one ever did it I'm in the first batch of people to do it now that they've changed the requirements