Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Isopure with no red or blue dye?

My second question already and I've only been a member for a few hours lol sorry guys! I do appreciate the help though! I had my final nutrition class today and I was told that I need to find a Protein Drink that I can use pre op that does not have any red or blue dye in it. Isopure Zero Carb is on my "ok list" but I went to order some online and it says "red 40, fd&c blue 1" on all of them? Is there a certain kind at another online store that has it without red or blue or am I misunderstanding something? Thanks again for any info!

They have a coconut flavor that is clear. You might look at that one.

I thought the same thing.... clear SHOULD be no dye right? But apparently that's not the case OR maybe it's not in there but they are listing it anyway? I could really use some help with this. I tried to text my nutritionist (she requests texts first) but I haven't gotten an answer.

Most of the Syntrax Nectars do not contain colorings. Better yet, the Syntrax Naturals line doesn't use artificial sweeteners, either.

Thanks Ine! I see some of the same exact flavors are listed on GNC without the dyes so I'm going to go by that. Vitaminshoppe probably just uses the same "other ingredients" label on all of them while GNC lists them individually. I was really starting to worry. For those also wondering, it looks like the Coconut, Icy Orange and pineapple Orange banana do NOT have the red or blue dye. Thanks again guys!

Wow, I don't know how I missed that this site also had a store. Thank you Kindle! I see they have some of the recommended stuff from my nutritionist as well so that's great.

Just a word of advice... Whatever drinks/shakes you get try to sample them first. GNC was great about this in store. I had heard great things about Isopure clear drinks, lots compared them to Gatorade. Oh my. Not any Gatorade this girl has ever tried. I'm just glad I didn't make a huge initial purchase because they are kinda pricy. Granted, when drinks are your only source of nourishment there is no price to put on one you love. :)

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Just a word of advice... Whatever drinks/shakes you get try to sample them first. GNC was great about this in store. I had heard great things about Isopure clear drinks, lots compared them to Gatorade. Oh my. Not any Gatorade this girl has ever tried. I'm just glad I didn't make a huge initial purchase because they are kinda pricy. Granted, when drinks are your only source of nourishment there is no price to put on one you love. :)

Yeah I only bought a case of them to get me through the liquid part of the pre op diet. Even if I end up hating them, I'll drink what I have to just to get me through surgery and then I can change after if I don't like it. I'm most likely not going to enjoy the flavor that I got (I went with Icy Orange) but I didn't have a whole lot of choices that didn't have red or blue dye. After the surgery I will go with the Apple Melon or Passion fruit which I will be more likely to enjoy.

If it helps I heard the grape is the most tolerated and palatable... Although thinking back to my elementary school art days... Blue and red equal purple, right? Ok so I'm no help.... Heheh!!!!! Best of luck!!!!!!

I went to fitness mania we have in my area and as soon as i told the guy i needed a Protein shake for bariatric he pointed me in the nectar Syntrax... they have all flavors!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using the BariatricPal App

Yes Kindle suggested that to me as well so I bought one of the Sampler packs that have all the flavors and I also bought the 1lb unflavored kind as well since I didn't have anything at all yet except some premier shakes. None of the Protein Shakes agree with me that well. Something about them just makes me feel sick sometimes. Maybe they would be better if they weren't so sweet tasting or maybe they are just too heavy on my stomach? I often have to make myself drink them after a few sips even if I am really hungry. I was on Atkins diet before and they were even worse so I think the suggestions I have gotten from this site will really help me a TON on my journey.