Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not sure what I'm looking for here, maybe just some commiseration...

I'm at the weight loss point when I usually fail. I drop 15-20 pounds, barely get back in my size 22/2X clothes, feel great, and then completely lose my steam and gain the weight back. It starts with one insidious cheat meal, which snowballs into a binge, which lasts the whole weekend, and then I try in vain to get back to my good habits the next week only to gain a pound or two and then I completely give up.

This has been my pattern for like, 5 years.

At this time, I haven't given my eating habits the attention they deserve because my job is crazy right now. I'm doing my best to stay focused so I can effectively get my job done and I need to conserve my energy so I can be in good spirits/condition for my students so I halted my exercise regime.

I'm not saying I'm giving up. It's just that this is usually the precipice I hang from and then eventually I fall and I fall hard. On top of all this my wicked PMS is back (going on day 9) so I haven't weighed myself in a couple weeks because I know I'm bloated and carrying Water weight. Just wish my damned period would start so I can feel normal again.

Anyway... after this week I'll be able to focus on my health again. I hope this lap band keeps me strong and I don't backslide.

ok. a couple of ideas.

1. You are worth taking care of. tell yourself that in the mirror. believe me until you can believe yourself if needed. Breathe. drink Water.

2. fix yourself some healthy meals on the weekend so that during the week they are prepackaged grab and go. my lunch today is sliced up leftover chicken breast (it reheats better sliced) with half a serving of steamed asparagus. After dinner I made two plates for the fridge. my snack was two pieces of turkey lunch meat sliced thin wrapped around a low fat cheese stick and raw baby spinach. you can premake these and keep them wrapped in plastic in the fridge, again to just grab and go.

3. you can do a simple yoga routine in 15 minutes, or walk back and forth from the front door to the back (or some such) in a 10 minute time span. if you can do this 2 or 3 times a day you will have an actual workout in the books.

Some good ideas from a caring group above. Also Hoping you are able to follow band guidelines: Protein, Water, perhaps a walk. Time can be your friend with a band. This is long term, change your habits slowly-type surgery, imho . Try to forget the old rules of up and down weight loss and remember you are trying to change your future.

Even a couple of pounds down a month is the right direction. Maybe a dr visit and fill are ahead?

Wishing you progress. You can do this! You took a big step with surgery and it is to try and navigate food in a different way and hopefully change some patterns.