Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Scared that this is how it always will be!

Someone please reassure me, as today my nerves are wrecked and I'm pretty worried that I'm always going to feel like I've been run over and forcing down Protein shakes. I keep thinking "what have I done???"

I had band to bypass on 4/9. I think the early recovery has been typical as far as pain. I walked plenty, I took 9 days off work. I'm on stage 2, which for my doctor is simple puréed foods, liquids and Protein Shakes.

Here's my fear: after my 5th Protein shake they all make me nauseous. I'm barely getting them down and I fee so, so run down. I need to work and I travel for work a lot. Perhaps I need to research other Protein sources or someone has some good ideas? At this stage I can't have much else. I put some cottage cheese in my shake today to help make my numbers.

Am I going to spend the remainder of my life counting protein, tired like a little old lady, and waiting on my hair to fall out? What did I do to myself? Does it get easier?

Lyndsay T.

4/9/16 RNY Juarez, Mexico

I'm 7 months post op sleeve. I STILL count my Protein, still drink a double shot of Protein Powder in the morning with my coffee and I am still watching my hair fall out by the dozen.

BUT...... I'm also watching an amazing transformation!! I'm riding bikes with my children, dressing prettier for my husband, gaining health for all of us and loving life again. I'd rather watch my protein count than watch life pass me by!! Good luck my love, just take it day by day. You'll be fine

The Hair loss is crazy butt losing the weight is great...

I am almost 6 weeks post op and I am going through a similar struggle. I've been told by many people things will get better. I am just waiting on the better to get here. I hope that you have an easier time than I am having. But on a side note, I am not sure how you returned to work after only 9 days. I took about 3.5 weeks and was still tired. You have to get past the total healing process.

Sent from my SM-G925P using the BariatricPal App

I still watch Protein and occasionally drink Protein shakes.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I am 2 weeks post op, i eat yogurt in the morning or afternoon u can mix a little Protein in that. Also if u have vanilla Protein u can mix with fair life milk maybe add a bit of fruit for taste. Or i love vanilla protein, milk, a little coffee, and ice blend it and its a vanilla frap and it will keep u more awake. I went back to work on Monday had 2 weeks off.... After i got home yesterday i felt like a bus ran over me, but today i feel a lot better. Buy some prenatal Vitamins they are great for hair and nails. I am going to take 1 Multivitamin in am and prenatal at night. I was disappointed yesterday cuz in week one i lost 17lb and week 2 i lost about 1lb huge difference.... I was bummed but my RN told me that sometimes the body needs to process what's happening and then it will follow.

Good luck! Stay strong u can do it!!!

Dasha

7 weeks post op! I have had no problems but I am afraid that now transitioning to regular food I am going to not lose weight. My surgeon does not believe in Liquid Protein after 3 week he wants you to get it in foods. So far so good my bloodwork excellent 6 lbs from losing 50 lbs. I too am afraid of losing my hair. It is thin enough. But, being healthy is so worth it. No longer a diabetic. Yay!! Good luck everyone

I've actually done that, I mixed it with a little PB2. It was ok. The easiest way for me is mixing it in with my coffee, I actually enjoy it like that!! Changing things up is essential!!! Good luck!

I have a fear of my hair falling out so I started taking a Vitamin for my hair and nails. So far so good

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App