Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stress tightening my band?

I got engaged a couple months ago. I was thrilled and super excited, but immediately there were a million questions and decisions that needed to be made. I was sooooooooo sick with acid reflux because my band basically closed. My doctor ended up removing everything but .1cc. Now I have virtually no restriction. The stress has definitely calmed down and unfortunately I've gained some weight since then. I want to get a fill again because the wedding is in February and want to enjoy the pictures. But, I have some MAJOR changes going on in my business life. So I'm nervous to get a fill knowing that the stress may get worse again.

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to see how it goes.

I have had three instances of extreme stress that caused my band to tighten to the point of not being able to consume even Water a few weeks after the stressful incidents. It wouls start off feeling really tight and then progress to tighter and tighter and tighter which led me to need an unfill.

My doctor says it's impossible, but I know my body.

Time of stress #1- Dad had major stroke leaving him paralyed and in nursing home. Could barely eat anything for weeks and then it became so bad I couldn't even drink Water and couldn't even lay down without gagging on phlegm.

Time #2- Went back to work after dad's stroke, kids started school, and several other small stresses.

#3- Dad died after a year in the nursing home and a few weeks later my 6 year old was very badly injured in an accident where a concrete fountain fell on him. He ended up with only minor injuries, but was transported to the hospital via ambulance with eyes rolling into the back of his head and blood eveerywhere.

I have had other times of stress that caused discomfort and I just went on liquids for a while and it went away.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches