Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm really curious about carbs even when I'm not eating bread...I'm using a tracker to show me my meals and everything in them breaks it down...but even not eating bread Pasta or anything carby lol my carb consumption is about 50g per day from Soup and whatever the puree diet allows bassically but I feel like I'm not doing a good job at not eating that stuff I'm 2 weeks post op and worried I know there is a stall coming I can see it on the scaled slowly creeping up I'm down 41lbs since March 14th including pre op weight loss

Alot of the "fat free" and supposedly healthy foods have added sugars. I have been reading labels and have put alot back on the shelves because I'm surprised at the amount of sugar. I was just looking at a Protein Drink and it had 23gms of sugar. You don't want anything with added sugar. My NUT gave me a handout that says be sure Total Fat and Sugars are less than 5 gms per serving.

The fat free skim milk and fat free Greek yogurt is what has alot of carbs and whatever dairy I tend to drink or eat at this point has carbs in it

After RNY gastric bypass surgery, your weight loss is achieved through meal volume control. At 2 weeks post op, that is an incredibly small amount of food.

So although you may be use to counting calories, you might not focus on those at the moment. The most important elements after weight loss surgery is to meet your daily Protein, Fluid and Vitamin requirements. food is secondary because your body is converting your stored fat into the energy that drives your body. Thus you lose weight. Walk around 30 minutes each day or equivalent exercise. Follow the meal volume guidelines.

The part of the stomach that processes fats and sugars has been cut away. Therefore if you consume this type of food, it will get dumped into your intestines and can lead to dumping syndrome. After about a year, your intestines realize something has happened and physically adapts and changes to absorb this type of food. Therefore when you are about a year out, it is not so important. But sugar and complex carbs should probably still be limited otherwise the weight that you lost might start to come back.

What are complex carbs? Any carb or just carbs related to bread rice and Pasta

I guess what I'm asking is if the carb is coming from low fat milk and low fat Greek yogurt does that mean it's good carbs

Complex carbs are starches (grain-based foods, potatoes, etc). Simple carbs are sugars, such as those found in fruit, refined sugar, honey, milk (Lactose!), etc.

A "good carb" is going to be packaged along with other nutrients (Vitamins and Fiber in fruit, Protein in milk), while "bad carbs" are nearly straight starch or sugar.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Complex carbs are starches (grain-based foods, potatoes, etc). Simple carbs are sugars, such as those found in fruit, refined sugar, honey, milk (Lactose!), etc.

A "good carb" is going to be packaged along with other nutrients (Vitamins and Fiber in fruit, Protein in milk), while "bad carbs" are nearly straight starch or sugar.

Thank you sooooo much I have beem freaking out because I'm really careful about sugar and everything I'm supposed to be careful about I've had no starches yet and don't really plan to for a while but have all these carbs so it's really good to know that.

A good way to know is most starch that is white is a simple carb. Rice, Pasta, white bread, sugar.

The carbs you are getting are not bad as long as you are watching your sugars. Remember to stay below 5g of sugar. Hope that helps

A good way to know is most starch that is white is a simple carb. Rice, Pasta, white bread, sugar.

The carbs you are getting are not bad as long as you are watching your sugars. Remember to stay below 5g of sugar. Hope that helps

That helps a ton I am always always mindful not to go over 5g of sugar

are you sure about this, complex carbs are the good carbs, I would think it is the simple carbs you want to stay away from. I have been told they want you eating some carbs which I would think that complex is the better choice.

Cheers,

After RNY gastric bypass surgery, your weight loss is achieved through meal volume control. At 2 weeks post op, that is an incredibly small amount of food.

So although you may be use to counting calories, you might not focus on those at the moment. The most important elements after weight loss surgery is to meet your daily Protein, Fluid and Vitamin requirements. food is secondary because your body is converting your stored fat into the energy that drives your body. Thus you lose weight. Walk around 30 minutes each day or equivalent exercise. Follow the meal volume guidelines.

The part of the stomach that processes fats and sugars has been cut away. Therefore if you consume this type of food, it will get dumped into your intestines and can lead to dumping syndrome. After about a year, your intestines realize something has happened and physically adapts and changes to absorb this type of food. Therefore when you are about a year out, it is not so important. But sugar and complex carbs should probably still be limited otherwise the weight that you lost might start to come back.