Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had the gastric sleeve and lost 100lbs. For the last almost 2 yrs i have been trying to lose more but no matter how well i diet and work out everyday nothing seems to work.. Anyone else go through this? What can i do to lose more weight?

Sent from my LGMS631 using the BariatricPal App

It's difficult to help without info. What do you weigh now? What was your starting weight? What does your doctor say? What is your BMI?

If you NEED to lose more weight (ie you aren't at your target weight already and are still "obese") then I would think there are things you can do to lose more weight and if you are not losing now then you are likely not really doing them.

You say you are working out and dieting. Again I refer back to the questions above. Assuming the weight is not all muscle and no fat... then likely you are eating too many calories and not exercising hard enough. That's what it boils down to. Assuming there isn't some other issue.

I've stabilized at about 20 more lbs than I'd ultimately like to lose and I know why, it's because I've bumped up my caloric intake more than I should (more than necessary to continue losing that is). If I want to lose more quickly I need to consume less and burn more. You can't argue with science ;)

Another question, how has your diet changed? Are you consuming "liquid calories" like fruit juices, sugary drinks? Sugary Desserts? Are you focusing on low carbs and high Protein?

I had the gastric sleeve and lost 100lbs. For the last almost 2 yrs i have been trying to lose more but no matter how well i diet and work out everyday nothing seems to work.. Anyone else go through this? What can i do to lose more weight?

Exactly what do you mean when you say you "diet and work out"?

Have you talked to your NUT lately? What does he or she say?

Are you tracking your food?

How much Protein do you get? What is your Protein target?

Are you getting enough liquids? AT LEAST 64 oz?

Are you avoiding starches, added sugars, and fried foods?

Are you taking any Vitamins and supplements as directed?

What kind of exercising are you doing?

Without more information it is really hard to help you. If you don't know the answers to these questions then it is really hard to help yourself.

Embrace the Stall!

http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/351046-Embrace-the-Stall

My start weight was 270 and the lowest i reacged was 130 but that was do to family and personal issues i was going through. I gained and have stayed beween 177-182 for over a yr. I have a personal trainer and i work out 5-6x a week. My eating is high Protein 5-6 meals a day no carbs after the 3rd meal.. I do not get my calorie in liquids because i dont like juice and soda. I do drink tea and coffee but with truvia or organic coconut sugar..

My start weight was 270 and the lowest i reacged was 130 but that was do to family and personal issues i was going through. I gained and have stayed beween 177-182 for over a yr. I have a personal trainer and i work out 5-6x a week. My eating is high Protein 5-6 meals a day no carbs after the 3rd meal.. I do not get my calorie in liquids because i dont like juice and soda. I do drink tea and coffee but with truvia or organic coconut sugar..

This helps, but doesn't answer the question about Protein, etc. Are you tracking your food?

Yes i have my fit bit that i track my food..i eat 4oz Protein with every meal and i stay under 1000 cals a day but im always full

So, how much Protein are you getting a day? What is your protein target? Mine is 100 grams a day.

1000 calories seems really low if you are exercising as much as you seem to be doing and if you have a reasonable protein target. You may not be eating enough.

Im just supposed to wat 4oz Protein with every meal so 6x a day.. That would make 24oz of Protein a day.. I dont have a NUT. The insurance i had was through a company i dont work for anymore.. And yes i work out 5x a day 3x are with my trainer and other 2 are 30 mins cardio..

According to my NUT animal based Proteins have about 10g of Protein per ounce, veggie based Proteins have 5g of Protein per ounce.

If your eating for 4oz of animal based protein for 6 meals you are getting more like 240g of protein.

I am no NUT but I would say cut your protein down to 3 ounces and add some low carb veggies. Maybe cut one of two of your meals into Snacks, making them a small protein and some veggies (2 ounces of hummus and some snap peas, or cheese stick and some califlower). Mix up your diet might help.

I think 1000 calories for 30 minutes workout sounds fine. That's pretty normal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk