Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I got my surgery the sleeve on July 16th 2015, so I am 9 months out. Right after the surgery I started getting really sick, so the

Dr. had me come back in and get my gall bladder removed. The sickness is back. I can not eat any meat or Protein, no Beans or potatoes, rice and so on. he The only thing I can eat without getting sick is Cereal, Cookies, candy and every thing else I am not supposed to eat. I am not a sugar eater even before the surgery. I use the fair life milk on my raisin bran crunch. I can eat mixed nuts and salad I drink lots of Water, but I need to know is there any one else out there that is having a hard time eating regular food. My weight is fluxuating between 2-4 pounds I still need to loose another 20 pounds to meet my goal weight. I think because of what I am eating I can not loose any more. I am waiting on a call from my Dr. as I am tired of being sick and want to eat my low carbs. I need help! :unsure:

I don't know if you and I have comparable issues, but I am 2.5 years out from surgery and while I can generally tolerate crackers and Cereal, a lot of Protein oriented foods tend to make me sick. I notice that as long as I focus on eating really slowly, the healthy things I can eat without barfing. If it has oil, sugar or some types of dairy though, I can count on getting sick. I don't mind...it keeps me at my goal weight.

I also use Fair Life milk- great way to get in a lot of protein!

I got my surgery the sleeve on July 16th 2015, so I am 9 months out. Right after the surgery I started getting really sick, so the

Dr. had me come back in and get my gall bladder removed. The sickness is back. I can not eat any meat or Protein, no Beans or potatoes, rice and so on. he The only thing I can eat without getting sick is cereal, Cookies, candy and every thing else I am not supposed to eat. I am not a sugar eater even before the surgery. I use the fair life milk on my raisin bran crunch. I can eat mixed nuts and salad I drink lots of Water, but I need to know is there any one else out there that is having a hard time eating regular food. My weight is fluxuating between 2-4 pounds I still need to loose another 20 pounds to meet my goal weight. I think because of what I am eating I can not loose any more. I am waiting on a call from my Dr. as I am tired of being sick and want to eat my low carbs. I need help! :unsure:

I would definitely get checked by your surgeon. I was told by my Nutritionist and have also read that we should not be eating Pasta, rice or bread. Also nuts can be an issue. Can you go back to eating Protein shakes or soft foods like your post op diet? Not only will you not lose another 20 pounds but you'll most likely put weight back on eating cereal, Cookies and candy. You'll also end up with health problems (i.e. diabetes, nutritional deficiencies, etc.). Hopefully it's nothing serious and you can get back on track.

Thank you so much for the responses I got, I am going to take a little from each post. I am going to eat much more slowly and go back to my post operation soft food diet. I am going to check with my surgeon and make sure every thing is ok as for the most part I am healthy. Once again I thank you.