Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Its A Done Deal

Well, just wanted to announce that I'm booked for Sept 28th, still have a bit of a wait but am going to enjoy the remainder of the summer, before the Optifast. Sort of feel like an inmate choosing their last meal, lol. I'll probably visit every one of my favourite restaurants just to get it out of my system. Anyway, hope to see lots of encouraging info here to keep me calm and focused waiting for the next 6 weeks.

Well, just wanted to announce that I'm booked for Sept 28th, still have a bit of a wait but am going to enjoy the remainder of the summer, before the Optifast. Sort of feel like an inmate choosing their last meal, lol. I'll probably visit every one of my favourite restaurants just to get it out of my system. Anyway, hope to see lots of encouraging info here to keep me calm and focused waiting for the next 6 weeks.

Congrats on taking the plunge. I did not have a last meal per se, rather I liked to call it the Farewell Tour. What a pig out it was. It is totally normal activity, and I actually found it to be beneficial in my case. After the month of donairs, donuts, whoppers and other crap I felt so awful I was ready to get the monkey off my back.

Andrew

Hi and good luck on the 28th of September. I was banded on August 10th by Dr. Yau in Toronto. I'm now on full liquids which is not so bad really and I'm adjusting to it. Don't worry about the surgery it's not bad at all.

Good for you! It is not a bad surgery at all and the weight does come off. I didn't do the pig out fest I went for consultation on a Monday and had surgery on the following Saturday, my last meal was 1/2 a subway sub and I got sick the night before(had the flu)and threw it up. So best of luck with your new journey. CONGRADULATIONS!!!!

Best of luck to you Beau, my surgery date is September 21st.

Gaffer you are doing amazing.

Do any of you pro's have any tips for us waitng and soon to be banded to calm the nerves.?

Hi,

I'm now getting close to pureed food and doing great. Don't worry too much about the surgery it's really okay. You'll be tender for a couple of days, take the pain medication that they give you and all will be fine. Do you know where your port is going to be put in? Mine is to the left of my belly button and so far it's fine not in the way or anything. I haven't had my first fill yet but I'm confident that it will be okay.

Hi Patricia, I have a general idea that it will be left of my belly button, not sure of how close tho. When did you have your surgery and what city? Glad to hear your getting aling so good.

Thanks everyone for you're encouragement, I'm calming down some since the initial "big decision" Seems like so far away, I haven't gotten my package in the mail but knew I'd need a ECG and chest x-ray which I've gotten out of the way. Just waiting to find out what exactly the clinic needs as far as blood work, I'm sure that can be done quickly. I'm working on a couple nurses up here to see if I can spark some interest in learning the fill procedures, we'll see. Anyway, thanks again.

Hi Patricia: I'm still waiting for surgery, won't be until Sept 28th. Hope everything is going well for you and you're happy with you're decision.