Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My ups and downs from beginning to now

I started this journey by contacting my insurance company in December of 2014 and getting the covered doctors info and call and doing research on the different options. I made an appointment with a dr for January 8, 2015. I did my weight in(265) and started the nutrition classes. I finished in May and was on vacation when the dr's office called to set up my surgery. I had no problems getting all requirements done and paperwork turned in and things went smooth throughout this process. I scheduled surgery for over the summer as I run a home daycare and have three teenaged daughters who help out and could take over for a few days. My surgery went great(June 15, 2015) , but after I got really sick and found out I was allergic to morphine. That caused my to have a three day stay in the hospital. After I got morphine out of my system I was great. Followed my dr's plan and started losing weight. Then life happened, my oldest daughter(18 with a 1 y/o) moved out in August, then October came and my middle daughter(16)tried to overdose and was in the hospital for a few days not knowing what would happen, she was then put in a behavioral hospital for about a week, she started doing better and then all the sudden in December told us she needed to go back to the hospital which she said the week of Christmas. As this was going on I started having some pains and found out I needed my gall bladder removed and had surgery on Dec 29 to get it removed. In January my middle daughter finally told us she was raped and we started the process of a restraining order and sexually assault charges. My oldest at this time moved in an apartment with a roommate. She was there for one week in March and had to move because her roommate kicked her and my 1 1/2 yo grandson out, so we had to go load up all her things and put them in storage, and she moved back in. April I thought would be better, but no. My husband decided that I was doing so well that he wanted to look into the surgery. Our insurance had changed on January 1st so we found another doctor and went to the seminar. He waited for them to call and schedule an appointment. They called and scheduled for a few days later. He went in and did the evaluation and with his family history they did an EKG and found out that he had a heart attack last week!!!

With all this going on I have done my best with my diet and Exercise that I have been able to do. I fit in working out for the most part(between hospital visits and surgery, it was not easy!!! I started this journey at 265 and A size 24 pants/3XL shirt, surgery weight 240 and today I weight 170. I am 5 pounds away from my goal and last night while waiting for my daughter to get off work, I was walking around Target and decided I would look at the Clarence racks as I have not bought very many clothes for me (since losing all the weight). I don't work out side of the home and didn't want to waste my money so I just wear the same thing all the time. I found a size 10 pair of pants and though why not??? I tried them on and they fit!!!! I was so excited, that was my goal size!!! So with all this being said........... No matter what life brings you have your eye on your goal and you will eventually make it. I have 5 more pounds I want to lose by my one year(June 15) and I know I can do it!!!

I hope that with me saying all this and pouring my heart out to everyone shows you no matter what if you want to do this you will be able to!!!!

Here is a before picture and a picture of me in the size 10 jeans.post-255575-1460731608257_thumb.jpg post-255575-14607316232863_thumb.jpg

You have survived a lot since WLS. CONGRATULATIONS! a SIZE 10???? Woo HOOOOOOO!

My life has been about the same - a lot of struggles with two adult sons and it has affected my WL and I know it.

Our stats are about the same (don't forget to update your current weight) except I am a bit taller.

I will Celebrate my surgiversary on 5/6/2016 and I am within about 15 of my BMI goal. I hope to make that by mid-summer or atleast get into the 160s.

You survived all the curve balls life threw at you and excelled! I am so happy for you. Thank you for sharing your story and a big congratulations!!!

If I would have know what was coming I would have held on tighter that is for sure!!!