Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Date moved -rant/pout

I was scheduled for my surgery for next Monday, April 18th. I've been sick off and in (ok more on) since November with upper respiratory infections. This last one has really kicked my tail. Last Friday at my preop appointment anethisiology said my lungs sounded terrible and called my primary care dr. At that point I was flagged as surgery unlikeley. My pcp decided to add 2 inhalers to the mix, and I was to see him Wednesday for clearance. I've taken all my meds-antibiotics, steriods, inhalers, mucinex etc. Well, I'm still not cleared. No vsg for me on Monday. My pcp wouldn't even agree to the early May dates my surgeon had. So now it's been set for June.

I had my fit and even drank 1 can of Fresca and most of a Sprite and ate 1/2 of a cookiebar (about 3 bites). (I haven't had soda in months! Since I started my nut visits k) While I did eat/drink because of my emotions, it's the most controlled binge I've ever had! I was aware I was doing it, and after my tantrum, it ended. Last night it was back to a high Protein dinner and crystal light. I guess it's a step in the right direction.

We'll I guess other than working to get healthy for my June date there's nothing else I can do. I had hoped for a Feb date way back when, and now I'm looking at June. That loser's bench keeps getting moved away from me. I can't wait to join the rest of you on it!! I'm just tired of waiting and I'm ready for my new beginning.

Sorry for the rant

Sent from my SM-N900T using the BariatricPal App

I know it's disappointing but be thankful that you have a good medical team looking out for your best interests. The complications could have been deadly. Stay strong and feel better soon!

@Believe16" as the above post reads ^ the complications could have been deadly.

you are "Believe16" - have faith, it will happen when it happens - keep prepping, just in case they can get you in early June. That will be here, in no time, your seat is saved <pats bench>.

Patience young grasshopper, believe....

Thanks guys. I know that I didn't have a choice - they weren't going to take the risk!

Jane13 thanks for holding my place on the bench for me. My patience are definitely being tested. But I have to believe and have faith that good things are ahead-

Sent from my SM-N900T using the BariatricPal App

I had my surgery delayed because my blood counts were off. I was choked at the time but it was the right thing to do as I would have been at high risk for bleeding out.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Stay strong @@Believe16!! I know the waiting sucks. I had a failed surgery in November, and going for a 2nd shot at it now. Hoping to get sleeved in late May early June.

Hang in there Believe16. Your surgery day is coming. This delay just gives you a little more time to prep and you can be assured that your medical team has your best interests in mind.

Thanks. I know it's for the best, but I'm bummed. It was supposed to be tomorrow. My process started last September. This weekend on top of just not feeling very well from this endless bug, I ate far more tan I had been. Most of it wasn't terrible, but not great either. I'm hoping my pity-party ends after tomorrow passes. Odd as it sounds, I guess it's a good thing I'm still coughing and wheezing or I'd be pretty angry. Now we just have to figure out why this respiratory illness won't clear-4 months is a long time!