Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did that really just happen?!

My husband and I spent the past SEVERAL hours in the emergency room. I had been vomiting for the past two days and was dehydrated but I am feeling much better. Anyway, my husband skipped dinner while we waited so afterwards he drove to Jack in the Box (because I have always hated it so he knows I won't be tempted...not that I am at all). We were waiting at the window and a female worker was talking to a male worker about this guy she knew from high school that has "gained literally 200 pounds since they graduated two years ago"! She was totally harping on this guy who was not there to defend himself and it really pissed me off. She continued on about how he came in to Jack in the Box...where she works...and she confronted him on what he had been "doing with his life the past two years" and that he needed to do SOMETHING. I was just blown away. This poor guy! She obviously doesn't know him well enough to discuss his health and it was obviously not coming from a place of kindness otherwise she wouldn't be gossiping about it! Ugh I could have reached through that window and smacked her upside the head! I do not understand this line of thinking and lack of filter! Although this girl was not 200 pounds overweight (and I seriously doubt that guy was), she was by no means at a healthy BMI. I mean absolutely zero offense to anyone who works or has worked in the service industry (I did for several years) but my goodness I don't think she has the right to ask anyone what they've been doing since high school while serving them the burger she's shaming him for eating! She doesn't know what kind of struggle that guy might be facing! Ugh I'm sorry for ranting and I'm sorry it's a big jumbled mess. It's late and I'm tired and angry. I just can't believe people sometimes. Saying a prayer for both of them. Bless your heart.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@MSALLTHAT my ER visit was fine. They gave me two bags of Fluid and a CT and sent me on my way citing dehydration. I have continued to dry heave day and night although and I can keep some liquids down. Every time I talk to my surgeon he tells me to try a different med. First Claritin, then Pepcid, tums, Prilosec. He doesn't seem concerned. I'm still feeling dehydrated and haven't had much Protein over the past week. I can't even sleep at night because the dry heaving and foamy saliva keep me up. I was supposed to have a post op appointment on Monday 4/18 but their office was shut down due to severe flooding in the Houston area. So my appointment is now on the 25th. I really don't know if I can make it that long without going back to the ER and I surely can't afford the $500 ER copay that goes along with it. My husband is going to call my surgeon this morning to demand some answers (for whatever reason my surgeon is much more chatty with him than with me...we can pretend like he's not a misogynist ). Sorry for the long drawn-out update but I haven't slept and I am desperately seeking some relief. Thank you for your concern

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Glad you are feeling better.

I can only imagine what the restaurant workers have said about me over the years.

They could tell stories about the damage they'd seen me engage in.....one burger at a time....