Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was given a script for B12 nose spray prior to leaving the hospital. Well, my insurance will not cover b12 period unless I'm anemic. I've read that your body doesn't absorb enough b12 from sublingual tabs alone, so I was curious as to what you all do/take. My surgery was on 3/23 so I'm a little behind, and I wanted to get started ASAP. Hope it will help with my energy and blahness. Thanks so much.

I take a B12 pill. My levels are perfectly fine. I think much of this stuff you hear is nonsense designed to get you to pay more money for products you don't need.

Ok great. Thank you and @proud2BMe.....I totally agree. That's why I figured I'd ask here before having a nervous breakdown. Lol.

I forgot to take B12 for about the first year, then I took it again for about 2 months, then I forgot for a few months, and I've largely repeated that cycle. I use the sublinqual dropper of B12 that you get in the grocery store Vitamin aisle. I am 2.5 years out and all of my labs have been perfect, so given I tend to forget to take it fairly frequently and everything is still good, I think the kind you can buy in the store is more than sufficient.

I take b-12 twice a week & my labs are fine.

Thank you for all your replies. One day last week I pretty much had an emotional breakdown, and quite a few on here mentioned that B12 helped them a lot. That reminded me of the script given to me at the hospital. I just now got around to doing anything about it and in hoping to stop a future, I just wanted to be sure I'm taking all needed but I knew I couldn't afford $425 a month for the nose spray. Thank you again. I did take your advice and just went to the local health food store and purchased sublingual b12.

Thank you for all your replies. One day last week I pretty much had an emotional breakdown, and quite a few on here mentioned that b12 helped them a lot. That reminded me of the script given to me at the hospital. I just now got around to doing anything about it and in hoping to stop a future, I just wanted to be sure I'm taking all needed but I knew I couldn't afford $425 a month for the nose spray. Thank you again. I did take your advice and just went to the local health food store and purchased sublingual b12.

I was given a script for B12 nose spray prior to leaving the hospital. Well, my insurance will not cover b12 period unless I'm anemic. I've read that your body doesn't absorb enough b12 from sublingual tabs alone, so I was curious as to what you all do/take. My surgery was on 3/23 so I'm a little behind, and I wanted to get started ASAP. Hope it will help with my energy and blahness. Thanks so much.

I take sublingual tabs.

No kidding!!! After my initial gasp, the rep on the other end offered me a first time buyers coupon for $100 off, but in order to get it I would have to sign up for a 6 month auto ship. I know she was just trying to be nice, but sheesh!!

That's great!!! The place they are trying to push, you get the spray and all the bariatric Vitamins too for $25. However my insurance won't cover it and said the package deal couldn't be split up. It was all or nothing. So....I just went last night and bought the sublingual.

What a stupid B12 Rx!

So stupid.