Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I fell like im not getting full

Hey i had my op 4 days ago and im felling a little pain not like the first few day. When i drink juice or Water i fell this weird felling like my stomach is about to hop out of my chest lool .. it hurts but i can handle it . But see the thing is when i drink or drink my Soup i dont fell full i dont understand im eating what the doctor told me to eat. Today i had a very emotion day my sibblings were having a bbq wings and salads and rice and me i was stuck eating chicken broth lmfaooo . They told me if you dont wanna see us eat site inside my mom and wife where sooo sad to see me eating chicken broth with a little cup of Water. A few hours later it hit me and i just started crying it was bad i had never felt this way in my life.. i wasnt able to controle my emotions .. i need some comfurt . I Dont wanna sound like a cry baby i hope you guys understand what im going true ..

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using the BariatricPal App

You're hungry cuz you're not eating... Clear liquids have never been a meal and provide minimal nutrients. you'll feel better when you're on full liquids. also, being around all that food probably had more to do with head hunger than anything else. I would avoid those situations if possible for a while.. you won't find me sitting at a restaurant or anything bc of that very reason!

Sent from my SM-G900T using the BariatricPal App

It gets better. It would get much better if your family was more supportive of you and didn't eat that crap in front of you, but you have to do your part to avoid exposing yourself to that stuff in the early days (for exactly the reasons you experienced; it's depressing to smell/see foods you used to eat and know you should not eat them!!)

Your body is still raw and reeling from the surgery, so hunger cues and fullness and all of that is going to feel really off for a while.

As far as feeling really down - fat stores hormones. As you lose fat, all of those hormones get flushed back into your body and can cause you to feel down, weepy, angry or other extremes. Be aware that you might experience mood swings, but remind yourself that it isn't really you - it is those hormones!

And everyone does get a bit "what did I just do" right after surgery when you're still swollen, sore, and can't hardly drink your little bits of Protein shakes and broths and things taste off or you don't feel any restriction.... This is a VERY short time in your journey, tho, so don't worry - you're going to be feeling great and doing way better in just a little while. :)

Edited by FrankiesGirl

It will get better with time. You won't really start feeling the restriction until you start eating solids.

You will be able to enjoy those same foods again, in moderation.

As stated your hormones are a little out of whack during the initial weight loss; it is common feel emotional.

Maybe those were tears of joy on how much more handsome you are going to look?

Edited by 4MRB4PHOTO