Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tracking Food/Liquids/Exercise Apps or Websites

Hey guys,

New to this site and just had surgery this last Tuesday. I want to keep track of all my info in an App or perhaps a food journal specifically designed for WLS peeps. What do you guys use to do this? Both App or good ol' fashioned paper and pen style journal. I'm good with both.

Thanks!

Hello there !

I just joined myself. I was sleeved on April 1st - so I am 8 days post op.

I can tell you that personally for me the Livestrong.com website "My Plate" app was totally critical to my Pre-Op Diet success. I have never tracked my calories before my Pre op Diet and using that tool really opened my eyes and help me accountable.

I did NOT track on my 1st week Post Op. I just didnt see the point, I was only eating broth and sugar free pops and Water.

Today I am starting my "Full Liquids" phase for 2 weeks. I am back on Livestrong tracking my calories again.

Edited by Watch.Me.Lose.It

I have used both the My Fitness Pal app and Baritastic App. My favorite is the Baritastic app.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

My fave website for tracking everything is...........LoseIt.com. I am beginning my 7th week post......27 lbs down. I'm at a stall but not at all discouraged as others have suggested. Stalls can happen with NO rhyme or reason. Good luck.

I'm a diehard myfitnesspal user. You can use either the app or the website -- I prefer the website but I think most people use the app more.

I second the baritastic app, though I do use myfitnesspal for food logging.

Thank you for all your responses!

Sent from my SM-T550 using the BariatricPal App

Baritastic is nice because it's not all "you didn't reach enough calories blah blah". When MFP does that I some how feel weird and guilty like I should eat more but I'm satisfied with 2 shakes and a 300 calorie dinner. It's mind game. Idk.

Another myfitnesspal vote from me. Use it religiously.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

I also have a fitbit and a weight gurus scale that syncs with myfitnesspal, also I use mapmywalk and mapmyride apps that also sync with my fitness pal

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App