Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I went to a LapBand seminar. The surgeon said you had to wait two weeks before going back. This seems like a long time. From what I have read most people have not described it as taking that long. Tell me your experiences...

I had my surgery last Wednesday 8/1. I took this week off officially, but went into the office for 2 hrs on Monday and I am going to go in and gather some work tomorrow. I feel great and would go crazy having to wait 2 weeks. You will know when you are ready. Alot of this depends on your pain meds also. Good Luck!

I went to a LapBand seminar. The surgeon said you had to wait two weeks before going back. This seems like a long time. From what I have read most people have not described it as taking that long. Tell me your experiences...

It really depends on what type of work you do and how well you recover from the surgery. I recovered relatively fast but I'm a RN and work Pediatric Home Health, which means I do a lot of lifting. I took 2 weeks off and when I went back, no lifting by myself. The boy that I take care of weighs 96 pounds. I also think that the time off helps you get a routine down with your Post-Op eating regimen and any "bugs" you need to work out. The pain meds constipate me so I had to deal with that as well as the Optifast or Protein Shakes and getting my Water in. I would definitely try to take a week off if possible.

I had surgery on Friday 8/3 rested over the weekend and was back at work on Monday. I was pretty much at my desk most of the day. I was a little more sore than usual that evening but nothing too bad. THe one thing I wish I knew was that my work clothes don't fit so well with the swelling and where my incisions are but that is the only issue I have had.

I had my surgery on a Thursday and returned to work on the following Monday. I had no pain at all associated with the procedure I went on like business as usualy. I even started exercising a week after. I think each of is different in how we heal.

I too, had my surgery on Thursday and was back at work on Monday. But I did not have to take pain meds and that is a big part of the risk. You do not want to be driving or working with pain meds in your system. It is more of a precaution than anything for our own safety. I stayed in my office and did paper work and had a small cooler with my crystal lite Water and Protein Shakes. Do about 6 hours and ventured home. Each day was a little more adventurous as I increased my work load and hours. Main thing is be safe...protect your surg-site!

I am a high school self contained teacher. I am in the same classroom with the same kids all day. In the past, if I was sick or even having a bad day, I could get away with sitting and still getting done what I needed to get done. I also have an aide in the classroom with me. I am just very concerned about taking a lot of time off from work...my job really doesn't allow me to do that. We do have a couple breaks during the school year (Thanksgiving, Conventions, Holidays...) however I feel like it may be difficult to get my surgeon to be available when I want them to be available...I have already gotten the impression that I will do as they tell me to! I was hoping to at least get my first consultation in there before school started....earliest I could get was Sept 21! Already a day I have to take off!

I had the surgery on a wed went back to work monday. I work at a bank as a personal banker which I am sitting a lot but do get up and wait on customers and walk around. I had the referred pain in the left shoulder which was very painful and was gasy. I wish I would have stayed home probably a couple of more days because got sick going home. I was up and about the day after and that weekend and probably should have taken it alittle easier then. Good luck

Maybe you should look into a variety of doctors and seek one who could accommodate your needs. My husband and I are being banded on Oct. 1 and we chose that day because it was convenient for us. We chose to go to Mexico because we are self pay and the resreach shows this is safe. Our doctor is Jose Rodriques,

I am a sped teacher also and got my procedure done over the summer. I do not think I would have been ready for at least a week. I was in some pain ( pain meds for 5 days) but mostly I was exhausted. Sooooo tired all the time, like all of a sudden I would had this urge to lay down and when I did, I napped for 3-4 hours. The second week was much better. And now I am on my third week and feel I could take on a classroom full of children easily. You might want to have your procedure done on a Friday and take the following week off, even though it's hard to get a sub and make plans, you will be glad you did.

Wow...your timeline was fast...your insurance and everything went through that easy? I can't eve get into my surgeon for a consultation till Sept. 21st. What type of insurance do you have?