Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting food stuck, Ouch !

:omg:Wow does it hurt to get food stuck, I have 3 ccs in my 10 band, the funny thing is that I feel very little restriction but I get clogged up easy. I think partly because I forget to slow down as much as I should. I am sure I need to chew more, I am a bit nervous about getting another fill Aug 24 because of the clogging thing, is it possible to need more fill and to be getting food stuck now. I have only lost 2 lbs since my last fill which was my first July 13th. It is so weird to get stuck , the slime is so gross. Its so strange how it happens when you get something stuck. Just wondering if any of you clogged but still went for another fill. Maybe its all my fault and i need to take smaller bites and chew longer. Thanks for your thoughts. Sincerely Kim

I was exactly the same way after my first fill and yes - it is because you are not eating properly. You must slow down in between bites and CHEW CHEW CHEW!!! I remember thinking at the time that I was crazy for having this surgry and then I learned to eat like a bandster. Have now had my 3rd fill and hardly ever get sick unless I FORGET TO EAT PROPERLY!

Go for your fill but make sure you have learned from the first one and good luck!

Hey Kimmom,

I have the same problem, but I do not feel restriction either. I am going Tuesday to get another fill. I will let you know if it is a mistake or a good thing!

When you get stuck, is there anything that you can do to help it along or do you just have to wait? Is it painful or just uncomfortable? What is sliming?

Sorry to sound so clueless.

<p>Anna Banana---It's somewhere between discomfort and pain for me. Some people would say it's pretty painful. I liken it to someone putting a knuckle in my breastbone and pushing. When you eat, your stomach starts producing mucus to help push the food through. If you are stuck, you produce the mucus but it has nowhere to go so it backs up into your mouth. It's like spit but REALLY thick (I've blown bubbles before, trying to spit it out....I know, too much information...but you get my drift) and it just seems to fill your mouth and you gotta spit it out. Not to be done in public, because it's pretty gross looking coming out.And THAT, my dear, is why they call it SLIME!</p>

I have the same problem. I get food caught pretty easily, and am pretty tight in the mornings, but I can still get a lot of food down and don't feel full.....I think I am right on the edge.....