Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

feedback on what I ate today

This is what I ate today.

Day 2 Full liquids

1. sugar-free Carnation instant Breakfast made w/ 2/3 cup skim milk

2. Dannon light and fit yogurt (iron pill)

3.1/2 cup sugar-free pudding (folate pill)

4. 1/2 cup sugar-free pudding (calcium chews)

5. 2/3 cup creamed, strained Soup

6. Water throughout the day

7. Sugarfree popsicle

8. 1 cup strained Tomato Soup

What are you (full liquid) people eating/drinking today

Thanks,

Ellen

If you are on liquids, and are not hungry on the amounts you are eating, I say you are doing just fine. If you *are* hungry, I cannot see the harm in adding a little more.

If you are supposed to be on solid foods, no way are you eating even nearly enough.

Amount wise, texture wise fine.

But all I see is packaged processed foods. Could you cook some Soup yourself and put meat and vegetables in it and blend it very smooht? And make a smoothie with skim milk and some real fruit in it? So much better for you than pudding, which offers no real nutritional benefits.

You'll be feeling lethargic and constipated on such a processed diet.

Amount wise, texture wise fine.

But all I see is packaged processed foods. Could you cook some Soup yourself and put meat and vegetables in it and blend it very smooht? And make a smoothie with skim milk and some real fruit in it? So much better for you than pudding, which offers no real nutritional benefits.

You'll be feeling lethargic and constipated on such a processed diet.

Thanks Chickie, I am on full liquid, not solids yet.

Jacqui,

I didn't even think that I could buy some organic yogurt and fruit and blend them. The same w/ Protein powder, organic milk and cocoa powder. I guess I was just following directly from my lists. Thank you for the ideas.

Ellen

If you are on liquids, and are not hungry on the amounts you are eating, I say you are doing just fine. If you *are* hungry, I cannot see the harm in adding a little more.

If you are supposed to be on solid foods, no way are you eating even nearly enough.

hi Chickie,

I'm really impressed w/ your weight loss. I would love to follow in your footsteps. Can you tell about your journey and include foods you have been eating.

i got the band on 8/3/07 and will be on my 3rd day of full liquids tomorrow. I have another 1 week 4 days on fulls then I move to pureed, then mushy, the regular.

Thank you,

Ellen

Yes! You can blend almost anything down, whether or not it will be edible is anyone's guess, lol.

Just adjust the texture as you progress, it can become thicker.

Some ideas - because I ate sort of like what you've just listed for a few days becuase taht's what the lists said and I was passing out by day 4 and feeling simply awful. So I started eating what the family was eating, where suitable, just by mixing and blending.

We had spaghetti bolognaise one night, well I took some of the bolognaise sauce and blended it with a can of crushed tomatoes to a soupy consistency. Surprisingly good. Another night we had lentil dahl, I blended that with greek yogurt. Roast dinner - lamb, roast pumpkin, peas and carrots - surprisingly good with gravy and liquid chicken stock blended to Soup. I made a huge pot of vegie and lentil soup and blended it with extra chicken stock also, and by the end just blended it as it was to a thick smooth soup.

It didnt affect my weight loss, I lost heaps, but I felt I remained well nourished and had begun a good schedule of breakfast, lunch and dinner with 2 smaller Snacks (maybe a yogurt or glass of V8) rather than just sipping odd liquids all over the place. No Constipation, and no rebound weight gain when I started mushies.

I was on mushies on Christmas day and had my christmas dinner mushed up in the blender with gravy, lol.

Yes! You can blend almost anything down, whether or not it will be edible is anyone's guess, lol.

Some ideas - because I ate sort of like what you've just listed for a few days becuase taht's what the lists said and I was passing out by day 4 and feeling simply awful. So I started eating what the family was eating, where suitable, just by mixing and blending.

We had spaghetti bolognaise one night, well I took some of the bolognaise sauce and blended it with a can of crushed tomatoes to a soupy consistency. Surprisingly good. Another night we had lentil dahl, I blended that with greek yogurt. Roast dinner - lamb, roast pumpkin, peas and carrots - surprisingly good with gravy and liquid chicken stock blended to Soup. I made a huge pot of vegie and lentil soup and blended it with extra chicken stock also, and by the end just blended it as it was to a thick smooth soup.

It didnt affect my weight loss, I lost heaps, but I felt I remained well nourished and had begun a good schedule of breakfast, lunch and dinner with 2 smaller Snacks (maybe a yogurt or glass of V8) rather than just sipping odd liquids all over the place. No Constipation, and no rebound weight gain when I started mushies.

I was on mushies on Christmas day and had my christmas dinner mushed up in the blender with gravy, lol.

thanks again. that roast dinner sounds amazing. I also love Indian food. Any problem for you w/ the spice?

Ellen

hi Chickie,

I'm really impressed w/ your weight loss. I would love to follow in your footsteps. Can you tell about your journey and include foods you have been eating.

i got the band on 8/3/07 and will be on my 3rd day of full liquids tomorrow. I have another 1 week 4 days on fulls then I move to pureed, then mushy, the regular.

Thank you,

Ellen

I am an Ovo Lacto Vegetarian. But most of what I eat is organic and whole (un-processed foods).

I try to eat muesli, fruit and yoghurt every morning. Some salad, and veggie based Protein at lunch, and something similar at dinner with fruit for afters.

I also exercise daily (I run 5km a day, and weight train about 3 days a week) And I honestly think that the way we exercise is as important as the way we eat.

Actually, aside from me being veggie, Jacqui and I are very similar in the we we approach banded life.

I am an Ovo Lacto Vegetarian. But most of what I eat is organic and whole (un-processed foods).

I try to eat muesli, fruit and yoghurt every morning. Some salad, and veggie based Protein at lunch, and something similar at dinner with fruit for afters.

I also exercise daily (I run 5km a day, and weight train about 3 days a week) And I honestly think that the way we exercise is as important as the way we eat.

Actually, aside from me being veggie, Jacqui and I are very similar in the we we approach banded life.

Thank you for the info. Where are you from?

Ellen

Hey Jacqui,

I pooped today....woohoo...Well I know this makes my day.

So, just to be clear, when you were on full liquids you ate the stuff you mentioned in your last post? So, I can have regular lowfat or nonfat yogurt (not that light and fit crap) blended w/ fruit. And I can have dinner w/ my family by just blending up what I give them?

I think I need to re-adjust my thinking. Before I got the band I ate a lot and was almost completly inactive but I ate very natural, whole foods most of the time. I love to cook and eat vegan food, vegetables, fresh meats, all kinds of stuff. I was sad to think I had to eat all of this fake crap once I got the band. I hate that stuff but was willing to do anything I was told because my way wasn't working so well.

I may now be able to eat foods that feel clean and make me feel good but now I just need to eat very small portions and incorporate exercise. If this is true then it's my dream come true because I've always wanted to eat well and moderate. It makes me want to cry that this may be possible.

So, I'm not quite sure what I'm asking here but thanks for opening my eyes to these possibilities.

That's exactly how you can think of it, dont suddenly move away from healthy whole foods just because you're banded!

Yes, I ate all that stuff on liquids - BUT it was well blended, dont forget that. Make sure its nice and liquidy at first, you may need to use a lot of extra liquid. Some things may taste terrible too, lol. It just depends.

I'd blend Indian food with a can of tomatoes I think! And when I say blend, I dont think I'd be trying to blend rice to liquid, you have to choose sensibly, some things wont blend down. I ate the bolognaise sauce, not the spaghetti, kind of thing.

You most definitely do not have to eat fake stuff! Its better if you dont. The more foods that look like nature intended, the healthier and better your diet will be. You may have to make adjustments - I have to peel apples now for example, but I tend to place more emphasis on my fruit and vegetable intake than my Protein intake, which would appear to go completely against what is recommended in the US and I'm still here, I'm normal weight, I have all my hair, and I feel fantastic. I think you have to continue to eat from all the food groups, not go nuts on Protein, but perhaps that's an Australian thing, I dont know.

I eat better than I ever did, I enjoy food better than I ever did and I've never counted a calorie or a protein gram, just kept portion sizes small, stayed away from crap foods and exercised a lot.

That's exactly how you can think of it, dont suddenly move away from healthy whole foods just because you're banded!

Yes, I ate all that stuff on liquids - BUT it was well blended, dont forget that. Make sure its nice and liquidy at first, you may need to use a lot of extra liquid. Some things may taste terrible too, lol. It just depends.

I'd blend Indian food with a can of tomatoes I think! And when I say blend, I dont think I'd be trying to blend rice to liquid, you have to choose sensibly, some things wont blend down. I ate the bolognaise sauce, not the spaghetti, kind of thing.

You most definitely do not have to eat fake stuff! Its better if you dont. The more foods that look like nature intended, the healthier and better your diet will be. You may have to make adjustments - I have to peel apples now for example, but I tend to place more emphasis on my fruit and vegetable intake than my Protein intake, which would appear to go completely against what is recommended in the US and I'm still here, I'm normal weight, I have all my hair, and I feel fantastic. I think you have to continue to eat from all the food groups, not go nuts on Protein, but perhaps that's an Australian thing, I dont know.

I eat better than I ever did, I enjoy food better than I ever did and I've never counted a calorie or a protein gram, just kept portion sizes small, stayed away from crap foods and exercised a lot.

Jacqui,

Thanks for the response. Tonight I thawed some organic peaches that I had cooked and froze. I blended about 1/2 cup of them w/ a 1/2 cup of organic yogurt in my "Magic Bullet" processor. It was delicious. I ate almost the whole thing. I'm concerned that maybe that was too much but it was delicious. I read that I should only be eating 2-4 tbs. of food per meal. How can that be right. Is that right? I read it in WLS for dummies.

Thanks,

Ellen

All those sugar free foods! Too many artificial sweeteners give me gas! And cravings. Artificial sweeteners raise your blood sugar just like sugar does, and the subsequent crash in blood sugar makes you crave crave crave!

Hi Jacgui,

This morning is the first morning that I have felt like I am part of the land of the living. I pooped again and went out for breakfast w/ my husband and son Sam (5 years old). I had oatmeal watered down w/ skim milk and a little butter. I had about 1/2 cup. I also drank 1/3 cup skim milk. It was delicious, it went down fine (I ate so slow) and I didn't feel like I was eating any crap nor did I feel deprived. This is all thanks to you and Chickie.

Ellen

I'm so glad!

This is a whole new life, not some horrible penance we have to do for getting fat in the first place. There's a whole new world out there to be enjoyed.