Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Venting~I want it NOW!!!!

I'm just really bummed right now! My actual consultation isn't even until the 20th, but I've gone to the seminar and hubby and I were ready for me to do it ASAP. But he got sick and had to use the rest of his vacation time for the rest of the year and some other financial stuff came up all of a sudden, so now I'm going to have to wait until the beginning of next year. I'm not even going to bother with the consultation I have for this month, I need to just cancel it. I just really had my mind set on getting it done as soon as I could. I've been researcing and reading and I know I want it. And now I have to wait nearly 6 months, it sucks and I feel like whining about it :ohwell:.

Anyhoo, thanks for letting me vent!

Why put it off? You should go and find out what is required etc. You will be surpised how long it will take to get everything togehter and in place. I have been working on it for at 3 months since we made the doctors apt. went and meet him, did the medical tests. We go on Monday for final approval and not sure how long it will take to get word from UHC. Along the way we have had road blocks from doctors about getting the right information. I would think about it.

Chris

Pre Band

St. Louis

Don't stop now! I don't know if you are planning on using insurance or not but my insurance required a 6 month supervised diet! I would hate to see you wait 6 months to find out it would be another 6 months after that......

I think I am going to go ahead and go to the consultation. But I know that no matter what it's going to be next year regardless of what they say. As far as I know my insurance doesn't require the supervised diet, my aunt had it done and her husband works mine and we have the same kind of policy. It may be different for me, I don't know for sure. So, I am going to get the consultation over with and get the insurance hassle out of the way. Wish me luck! :)

Glad you're gonna go in aug. I thought I'd have had my surgery this week, but you just never know. I started the process in early June. the main hold up was one of my doctor's offices didn't send the paperwork right away. I was so annoyed when I found out it was sitting in a pile just waiting for my signature! Why the heck didn't they call me? It just so happened I had to go in for a pap and the gal at the desk mentioned the paperwork. I wonder how long it would have sat there had I not gone in! So now if I get approved I will either have surgery right before school starts or during the first few weeks of school. Then I'll have to use sick days instead of all of these free summer days I've had. Plus I''ll have to deal with kids! At least they are 5th graders and not kindergarteners who need their teacher constantly! Good luck, and ya just never know. Somehow it could actually happen sooner. Be POSITIVE:)