Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone, am new to this forum. I have been reading everyone post for over a month now which answer's most of my questions. I was sleeved on april 5th by Dr.Bertha from njbariatric institute. So far i couldn't sleep last night, because am a side sleeper. Have to splint when am sneezing, my gas is horrible. Wake up this morning and i can feel the pain. I have my medication so i will take them. Anyone else sleeve on the 5th?

Sent from my SM-N910P using the BariatricPal App

Everything you've experienced is normal. The first few days can be rough, especially the gas. Hang in there!

Everything you've experienced is normal. The first few days can be rough, especially the gas. Hang in there!

Thanks Jamie, what do used for the gas? The NP said to get gas x, but my husband just called n said walgreens said they don't carry it anymore.

Thanks Jamie, what do used for the gas? The NP said to get gas x, but my husband just called n said walgreens said they don't carry it anymore.

I used GasX strips and they helped a little bit. Another thing that helped me with gas pain was marching in place. Moving around seems to really help. I bought GasX strips at Walmart, but that was pre-op for me, which was like 20 months ago. So I can't promise they still carry them.

I used GasX strips and they helped a little bit. Another thing that helped me with gas pain was marching in place. Moving around seems to really help. I bought GasX strips at Walmart, but that was pre-op for me, which was like 20 months ago. So I can't promise they still carry them.

Okay thanks i will try to move around more today. Thanks for responding.

Found strip form under the tongue GasX at Walmart. They also had chewable type

Sent from my QMV7A using the BariatricPal App

Found strip form under the tongue GasX at Walmart. They also had chewable type

Sent from my QMV7A using the BariatricPal App

Thanks chuck, will ask my husband to get me some. How long did you guy's start feeling better, and driving again? I know everyone healing process is different.

​On about the 5th day I drove my mother to Walmart and walked around for awhile hanging onto a grocery cart...slowly! Being 2 months out I am finally feeling like myself again. Each day gets better and better, hang in there:-)

​On about the 5th day I drove my mother to Walmart and walked around for awhile hanging onto a grocery cart...slowly! Being 2 months out I am finally feeling like myself again. Each day gets better and better, hang in there:-)

Okay thanks Montana, i am second day out. I am hoping to feel better soon. I have a job interview Monday, so that's why i am asking? The job won't start until May if am selected.

You should be fine for a job interview on Monday. The main issue at that point will be fatigue, but you should have enough energy to get ready for the interview, get there, do it, then come home for a nap. Make sure you leave yourself some extra time to get ready, because you'll likely be moving a little more slowly than normal.

As for gas pain and discomfort, I would say the worst of that was over for me around day 4 or 5, but still had some through the first week.

You should be fine for a job interview on Monday. The main issue at that point will be fatigue, but you should have enough energy to get ready for the interview, get there, do it, then come home for a nap. Make sure you leave yourself some extra time to get ready, because you'll likely be moving a little more slowly than normal.

As for gas pain and discomfort, I would say the worst of that was over for me around day 4 or 5, but still had some through the first week.

True Jamie, you're so right, even getting to the bathroom takes longer for me now. Thanks for the advice, you're amazing. I can tell you're very knowledgeable about this journey

I just had my sleeve done on the 5th in NC at Baptist Hospital. I have been very fortunate, no nausea so far and I have been able to keep everything down. The gas pain is the worst part so far. The walking does help very much! I started my process in November and since then I have lost 15lbs. just from the pre-surgery diet. Best of luck to you!

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

True Jamie, you're so right, even getting to the bathroom takes longer for me now. Thanks for the advice, you're amazing. I can tell you're very knowledgeable about this journey

I was exactly where you are at one point and I had a million questions and concerns of my own. These forums helped keep me sane through the whole process, so I really like to be able to pay-it-forward now that I've "been there, done that".

I was exactly where you are at one point and I had a million questions and concerns of my own. These forums helped keep me sane through the whole process, so I really like to be able to pay-it-forward now that I've "been there, done that".

Thanks Jamie, i just started crying awhile ago, for no apparent reason. i get so emotional. It's good to have the guidance, because it's not an easy journey

I just had my sleeve done on the 5th in NC at Baptist Hospital. I have been very fortunate, no nausea so far and I have been able to keep everything down. The gas pain is the worst part so far. The walking does help very much! I started my process in November and since then I have lost 15lbs. just from the pre-surgery diet. Best of luck to you!

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

So happy for you Misty. The gas pains are not kind to me either. I threw up once yesterday, and then today after taking my pain medication. Congratulations on your 15lbs weight loss.