Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm new here, and I usually just read other posts, but I need some guidance from other people who may have experienced this. I was sleeved on 3/15/16. My surgeon has me on a 7 week post-op diet and I am currently starting to introduce soft foods. My problem is, no matter what I eat (liquids, purées, soft foods, etc,) or how much I eat (as little as a baby spoon full) I get extremely nauseous. I am managing to get in some Protein from premier Protein shakes, but it takes me about 6 hours to finish one. Fortunately I have not vomited at all since surgery, but I am worried I will never be able to eat real food without feeling miserable and I am concerned about the long term. I literally felt like I did when I was pregnant. Morning sickness all day. Nothing smells good. Nothing tastes good. The lack of nutrients makes me feel very fatigued which is not really conducive to being a stay-at-home mom with a very active 2 year old. My surgeon doesn't seem to be too concerned, but I am. I guess my question is, has anyone experienced anything like this and/or have any advice to offer?

I'm a 25 y/o female with PCOS, otherwise generally healthy if that helps.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm sorry I had surgery 3/30 and haven't gotten nausea at all. But are taking b-1? That's something my doctor has all their patients take .. Just until the bottle runs out as long as we're not feeling sick anymore . And also did they not prescribe you anything for nausea ?

Thank you so much for the reply. I was prescribed zofran, but it doesn't seem to do much. I use Vitamin Patches for my multi Vitamin and my b-complex Vitamins and a sublingual Biotin. My surgeons main concern was hydration and for whatever reason I have no problem drinking Water...even in larger amounts. I wouldn't call it a gulp but I can definitely do more than sip the Water. I'm just frustrated because I was really looking forward to getting Protein from food and not from powder/shakes. Also, my body is just craving salt which is weird.

Good that you haven't been vomiting - if your brain links the smell and taste of foods to vomiting, soon just that smell or taste may make you ill.

I *think* that nausea in addition to discomfort after drinking or eating, means you are doing too much at one sitting - at least that's what my nutritionist told me when I brought this complaint. Try cutting portions in half - like half a Protein shake instead of a whole one and see if that helps.

I haven't done this because I'm not craving it but a woman I know who has wls use to take pickle chips and just suck all the juice out of them .. Might be an idea for some salt?

I'm six weeks out sometimes I overeat don't chew well. Now anxious to eat. Have been drinking Protein shakes for a long time. Tired of them tired all kinds seem too thick bothers my stomach. Suggestions

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Kaciii, tried a sip of pickle juice and it was amazing! My surgeon says it might be my body needing electrolytes so I switched to smart Water. Still having an issue with nothing sitting well but it seems to be lessening with every day so I'm thankful! Members of my family that don't know I had surgery keep asking me if I'm pregnant haha

Djd,

I wish I had some suggestions, but I'm basically just keeping hydrated and hoping for the best! I definitely have some anxiety about eating solid foods even though I know it should be fine. I have this fear of hurting my sleeve and I've trained myself over the past few weeks to think solid foods are "bad" so to speak, so I'll see how it goes in 2 weeks when I can have regular foods.