Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I haven't been to my local bariatric office for two years, but decided to tuck my tail and go back considering I've gained 30 lbs since I was there last. The nurse took the saline out of my band to make sure I had all 3 cc in my band that we had when I last saw her and she was only able to get 1 1/2 cc, then she had me stand to see if it was positional....she only got two total. SMH. She's trying to figure out if my band is leaking or if she miscalculated last time I was there. I really hope that she didn't take proper notes, I'll be devastated if my band is broken.

Edited by ineedthis

i had this happen to me once... turned out... the last fill the "other dr" not my normal one.... Missed the port. I have 10.5 in my 14cc band.

Have her put in the one cc and go back in a few months and have her check it again....

i had this happen to me once... turned out... the last fill the "other dr" not my normal one.... Missed the port. I have 10.5 in my 14cc band.

Have her put in the one cc and go back in a few months and have her check it again....

I remember my last fill being painful and my stomach bled ALOT, and she didn't double check that I remember. I hope that's the case. I go back in one month.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using the BariatricPal App

exactly what happen to me.... it hurt, where as every other time it had not. I went back the next day because i know something wasn't right. Sure nuff wasn't there.

do you remember if you felt like you didn't even get a fill. that's how i was... and i knew.

exactly what happen to me.... it hurt, where as every other time it had not. I went back the next day because i know something wasn't right. Sure nuff wasn't there.

do you remember if you felt like you didn't even get a fill. that's how i was... and i knew.

I didn't notice any extra restriction, no. I hope this is what happened, it sure sounds like it. If that's the case, then all 3cc should be there next month. Fingers crossed. Thank you for sharing with me, I feel a little better. But yes, it really hurt, like never before, and I soaked a gauze pad before she could get a bandaid on me.

i feel good that you will be fine... How long have you had your band? I got mine 11/09

it really hurt, like never before, and I soaked a gauze pad before she could get a bandaid on me.

Not everyone who does adjustments has the same skill. Alternately, sometimes the port is at an angle and difficult to hit the first time. The lesser skill level will make that all the more problematic.

The amount of saline in a band is irrelevant. What matters is having the amount that achieves the desired effect. Beyond that, one person's just-right 10cc will be another person's misery/overfill or not yet enough.

it really hurt, like never before, and I soaked a gauze pad before she could get a bandaid on me.

Not everyone who does adjustments has the same skill. Alternately, sometimes the port is at an angle and difficult to hit the first time. The lesser skill level will make that all the more problematic.

The amount of saline in a band is irrelevant. What matters is having the amount that achieves the desired effect. Beyond that, one person's just-right 10cc will be another person's misery/overfill or not yet enough. Not to mention that may work well today will be too much or two little in another month or so although the amount is unchanged.

The amount of saline in a band is irrelevant. What matters is having the amount that achieves the desired effect. Beyond that, one person's just-right 10cc will be another person's misery/overfill or not yet enough.

The amount of saline in a band is irrelevant. What matters is having the amount that achieves the desired effect. Beyond that, one person's just-right 10cc will be another person's misery/overfill or not yet enough. Not to mention that may work well today will be too much or two little in another month or so although the amount is unchanged.

Yeah, I'm not concerned about the amount in the band, I just want to make sure the band isn't leaking and, over time, I want to get to MY personal sweet spot green zone.

Wow.... 7/08... any other problems? I have had zero problems... thank God..

ok... so you have 3cc in right now.... Do you feel any different? I could always feel it right away. so that day i would stick to Soup and two or three bite and i was done.... that particular day i ate the whole bowl and was still a wee bit hungry... so i know something was up.

We must listen to our bodies.... I have the 14cc band and i know that 10.5 is my spot. anymore than that and im throwing up everything i eat no matter how much i chew.

My reg dr. places a rolled up pillow under my back as to push the port forward... never never had any problems and never hurt me... in fact i would watch the whole process. He was out of town that particular day and the other dr. in the office did it and he does the "crunch" method... Not good for me. I never allow him to do another fill again.

As long as there is no leakage, I haven't had any problems. I've been battling my weight everyday even after being banded. I had a baby in 9/10 and had to have my band empty. I did well for 2 years, then the weight tried to creep on, but I battled it and would get it back down, but the past couple of years, I've been losing the battle, so I had to go back. I have a 10cc band.

It's definitely a battle even with the Band... or any other WLS. I spoke with my friend Jenny yesterday. She had the GB done back in 1999-2000.... and got pretty thin... she told me that she has put on about 50lbs. I saw on her FB that she had, but who am i to judge. I mean she is no where near what she was... but i do understand her battle.

my 20lbs came back when my husband lost his job. He worked 7&7 and it was wonderful. when he was gone i could go to the gym, not eat supper... less stress dealing with his issues. But now he is home EVERY FREAKING NIGHT.... and i hate it. He cancelled the gym because he said i was skinny enough. we started eating out more and when i didn't want to eat supper he would pitch a fit till i gave in and ate something... at 8-9pm at night...ughhhh... Then in Aug i couldn't fit my fav jeans and i was like.... OH hell no.... so i started walking and changed my eating habit to what i knew worked for me... and i lost them with in a month or two.

a 5 year old... i don't envy that... my boys are grown and i have two grandkids... Logan is 10 and Elizabeth is 8. My son and DIL are both RN and work the same shift at night... so i get them every other week. I pick them up after school, bring them home, homework, supper, baths... bed... Then we get up, i dress them for school, bring them here to work with me and their mom or dad picks them up and brings them to school. I do get a taste of it.. for sure. Monday night is religion, tuesday is dance... soccer practice and cub scouts... All this is stressful...

You know what works for you hon... you just have to do it.... do it for you and your child.... don't do it for anyone else, you will always be disappointed.

It's definitely a battle even with the Band... or any other WLS. I spoke with my friend Jenny yesterday. She had the GB done back in 1999-2000.... and got pretty thin... she told me that she has put on about 50lbs. I saw on her FB that she had, but who am i to judge. I mean she is no where near what she was... but i do understand her battle.

my 20lbs came back when my husband lost his job. He worked 7&7 and it was wonderful. when he was gone i could go to the gym, not eat supper... less stress dealing with his issues. But now he is home EVERY FREAKING NIGHT.... and i hate it. He cancelled the gym because he said i was skinny enough. we started eating out more and when i didn't want to eat supper he would pitch a fit till i gave in and ate something... at 8-9pm at night...ughhhh... Then in Aug i couldn't fit my fav jeans and i was like.... OH hell no.... so i started walking and changed my eating habit to what i knew worked for me... and i lost them with in a month or two.

a 5 year old... i don't envy that... my boys are grown and i have two grandkids... Logan is 10 and Elizabeth is 8. My son and DIL are both RN and work the same shift at night... so i get them every other week. I pick them up after school, bring them home, homework, supper, baths... bed... Then we get up, i dress them for school, bring them here to work with me and their mom or dad picks them up and brings them to school. I do get a taste of it.. for sure. Monday night is religion, tuesday is dance... soccer practice and cub scouts... All this is stressful...

You know what works for you hon... you just have to do it.... do it for you and your child.... don't do it for anyone else, you will always be disappointed.

I totally hear you. I've also got a 15 year old, he's good about helping out with his sister. My husband used to work 3p-1a. It was peaceful. My weight started going up when he switched to days. Now he demands that supper be cooked every night and he wants us to snack on junk all late since he's home at night. Well, good for him, he's got great genes and a high metabolism. He keeps telling me that I'm not fat...personally I think he's scared for me to go back to my pre obesity weight because he thinks if I'm thin and feeling good about myself, I'll leave him. I won't, but I see where he'd feel that way, heck, I would.