Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Atlanta: Anyone else starting the process?

Hello All!

I am somewhat new here... I've been reading posts in a few forums for a while but haven't posted yet. (Long time reader first time poster! Lol)

I am maybe halfway through the process... I have all of my insurance requirements met and hopefully my surgeon's office will be able to submit for approval early this week. I've read all sorts of stories about insurance approvals so I'm crossing my fingers that I'm a lucky one who gets a quick approval! (I have Anthem BCBS Ga, anyone have any experience with them?)

Is there anyone else in the North Atlanta area out there that's starting or mid way through the process? I have a great support system but I'd love to have someone who's going through the process at the same time!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hello All!

I am somewhat new here... I've been reading posts in a few forums for a while but haven't posted yet. (Long time reader first time poster! Lol)

I am maybe halfway through the process... I have all of my insurance requirements met and hopefully my surgeon's office will be able to submit for approval early this week. I've read all sorts of stories about insurance approvals so I'm crossing my fingers that I'm a lucky one who gets a quick approval! (I have Anthem BCBS Ga, anyone have any experience with them?)

Is there anyone else in the North Atlanta area out there that's starting or mid way through the process? I have a great support system but I'd love to have someone who's going through the process at the same time!!

I'm not in Atlanta, I'm in NJ. However it seems like we're at the same point in our journey. My info was submitted to insurance recently. My Dr said insurance may deny, requiring one more visit. At that point I would have the visit and resubmit. Other than that, I should get approved. I'm nervous too, but hopeful!

Dawnie_doo

Edited by trinity33

Well my insurance was RE-submitted AGAIN on Mar 29th, so I'm hoping to be in the last stretch! LOL

I'm not in Atlanta anymore, but my kids were born there and we moved about 6 years ago... lived NE of the city for 15 years :)

I have BCBS of TX now... I hope this time it goes smoothly for me :) I'm going to call the insurance company today to see what's up with that.

Welcome out of lurkerdom :)

Hahaha thanks pammieanne!!

Why was your insurance denied the first time? Good luck with it all!!

I'm waiting to get a second Letter of Support from my primary care hoping that will add to my case... I'm definitely getting anxious though!!

Well it wasn't denied exactly, but my insurance said the doctor's office didn't send over the 'codes'... of course, I'm not sure I believe them, as this is what this girl does every single day - and has for the last 7 years... but whatever. It's there now, and they say they have what they need... now I'm just waiting for them to approve it - which they should because we got a pre-approval, and I've done everything they needed me to do.

I'm anxious too! It looks like it'll be May for me... which is a bummer because we are leaving for Florida mid June and I really wanted to be pretty healed by then :(

I'm northeast of Atlanta... I have my first month check in with my surgeon tomorrow. I have BCBS through the State Health Benefit Plan (I'm a teacher.)

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

I've just had my EGD today and have my last group meeting on May9th. My insurance requires 3 months worth of group. Other than that, I've met all of my requirements and I'll be having my surgery at Emory Midtown. Jamil Stetler is my Surgeon with Emory Bariatrics.

Sent from my SM-N910V using the BariatricPal App

I'm towing the line between Decatur and Tucker and just got my surgery approval yesterday. It's been one hell of a ride--insurance requested new paperwork three times and forced us to re-submit completely (without a denial) once. I'll be at Emory Midtown and have my last nutrition appointment next week. I'm hoping for an early June surgery date. Good luck to you!