Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I like that. I've put my scales in the shed and only weigh myself once a month on the anniversary of my op, the 19th, as I became obsessed.

You can weigh yourself five times a day and get five different weights but if it's more than the last one, paranoia sets in so I decided not to get too hung up on numbers. I can tell by my clothes, my trousers are all hanging off me and tops don't cling to every roll of fat, however, I'm not ready to go on a spending spree yet. I've put aside £10k for a new wardrobe and can't wait until I can fit into something from Harvey Nicks!

I've been looking forward to splashing out on a new wardrobe too! We have a big ball at Christmas and I'm hoping to look pretty different from last year!

To begin with, I was a bit obsessed with the scales, but it's not too bad now. I know there will be weeks where they barely move but conversely I feel much better about myself than the weeks they drop and I feel like I look exactly the same.

This really is a strange journey- still, one month down and 10kg lighter. I'm happy with that.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

The first month is a great boost as the weight drops rapidly. I've found it feels slower the second month. It's my weigh-in on Sunday, my second month.

I feel my body changing, my knees feel less painful, especially going up and down stairs. My breathing is improving; I'm not ready for exercise yet but have been parking my car a bit further away and been a lot more active around the house. It was taking me up to half-an-hour to change my duvet cover as my breathing was so out of control, now it's fairly normal timing. Best of all, my clothes really are starting to look baggy.

@@VSGMB why do you use he word 'strange'; what do you mean by that?

Well, this month's weigh in was a waste of time, I only seem to be 2lbs down from last month.

Two months today from op and I've lost a total of 31lbs but most of that fell off in the first month. I'll be devastated if I only lose 2lbs a month. I've been so careful weighing everything and watching the nutritional content. I'm still struggling to meet my Protein targets and I'll work on that this month, see if it makes a difference next month.

All in all I feel rather deflated.

Rosiecheeks.... i had mine 2 days after you... and i am also experiencing a sudden slow down.... i have lost 33lbs since surgery... so it looks like our stats are very similar...

I remember when i had my band... weight loss also slowed right down month 2... and literally melted off month 3... by month 6 i was at goal.

It is annoying though.... are you getting enough calories? are you meeting your Protein and fluid goals? .... looks like we are stallin', stallin', stallin' (rawhide) hehe

I'm ok on fluids but low on Protein intake. I keep forgetting to add my Protein Powder but I'll work on it this month and see if it makes a difference. I'm averaging 600 calories a day.

That might help.... if that doesn't help next month... you might need to increase your calories.... 800 is a better number at 3 months post op.

Thanks, I'll do that and see how it is next month. Going off for a sulk now :(

So sorry you're disappointed @RosieCheeks- I was reading somewhere that our bodies are hard wired to try and maintain or get back to our highest weights. I know it's disheartening, but look at all those lovely NSV's you've had!

It sounds like the Protein thing might be a factor, as well as the calories. I'm trying my hardest to get 700-800 in a day, and it really made a difference to my first stall.

I described the journey as strange, mainly because the times I lose weight I don't feel any different, but when I maintain, or don't check myself too much I feel much more confident. I'm approaching the point at which I can say it's the lowest weight I've been in recent memory, which blows my mind.

Something I struggled with this week: lunch time. I'm getting a fair few funny looks and comments about content/portion size. Those few people I've told at work are always wonderful and change the subject quickly, but I have a training day with lunch provided next week and a networking Breakfast that are already making me nervous!

Keep going, don't worry too much- we're all going to get there!

MB

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Thanks for the support girlies.

Whilst I knew I wasn't going to wake up a size 10 after my op, I think there were still a few sneaky unrealistic expectations lurking around. My guess is I'm struggling with Protein because I don't eat fish, seafood or eggs nor do I drink those vile shakes. I'm also still struggling to digest meat somewhat but working on it. Not sure if I'm still not chewing enough or still eating too fast so I'm trying to address both issues.

Anyway, just had some homemade Soup and I've remembered to add my protein powder so that's my objective for this month - get those Proteins down my neck and see how I get on next month.

Hiya RosieCheeks

I've been thinking about you a lot since I read your latest post. Of course you knew that you weren't suddenly going to morph into a size 10! It was going to be less of the 'sudden' more of the 'softly softly'. I know that you know that. It's just sometimes that softly softly takes a wee bit longer (OK, too long) for us impatient girls. What you need to remember is that RosieCheeks was not built in a day. You invested a great deal of time cultivating the tenacious poundage that has clung to your frame. Do you really think you're going to persuade it to let go in a matter of weeks? Think again pal. You're in this for the long haul! Anyway, you don't want to give your body too much of a shock do you? It's got to get used to dealing with the new, streamlined, aerodynamic shape that is on its way. There's a whole re-design process going on in there under your skin. DO NOT GET DESPONDENT!!!!!!! Just by the by, I've read a very interesting book called 'The Obesity Code' by Jason Fung over the last few days. Worth a look. I got my copy from Amazon. Also, another good read is http://www.queenofcrop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/QoCCover.jpg. I read it just after my surgery and it helped me in those early days.

By the way, whereabouts near Manchester airport are you? One of my favourite places around there is Styal Mill and the pub in Styal.

Keep your chin up hon and keep in touch x

Hi Jinty

I'm ok really. Next month though, if I'm not 3st lighter, I'm cutting off my leg, then the scales will go my way :P

I'm much posher than Styal, although not far. I'm in Hale; Real Housewives of Cheshire and all that..... LOL, I wouldn't be seen dead with any of that bunch of over-made-up desperate wannabe's, they have all the class of an extra from Shameless.

I think you probably mean The Ship at Styal. The Ship was nice years ago, it's just another gastro pub now. Next time you're up here try The Clink, the restaurant in the women's prison, it's really nice and supports a good cause.

The Ship-yep, have been known to stagger out of that hostelry many moons ago! My mother told me about it-she was in the WAAF and stationed at Styal and apparently was often to be found (in uniform) drunk in charge of a bicycle leaving same pub years before me. So you're a proper Cheshire housewife. Thank heavens for that.

As for the leg, don't you think you might just need it for tripping the light fantastic post weight loss? Don't cut off your leg to spite your arse xxx

Message received and understood. I'll leave the leg for now! x