Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 weeks post op

Hi everyone!

I am new to the world. I am 2 weeks post op and doing fine. I find I am getting hungry...any suggestions?

Are you on mushies yet? If so look at the FOODS link, but here are a few ideas as well: pudding, mashed potatoes, cooked and blended squashes, smooth creamy Soups, hummus, tofu pate', refried Beans, etc. I felt hungry the first few weeks too but found it improved immensely once I got on more solid types of foods. Congratulations on your banding and its nice to meet you. Who did your surgery? Would love to get to know more about you and your experience, Teresa

Hi, Janine, Congratulations on getting your band! How much weight are you hoping to lose? I know you will really glad that you did this, once you are eating real foods, and you see that weight dropping off. Your energy level will get so much better. Hang in there, remember this stage is temporary. Please follow your surgeon's orders so that you don't risk any future complications.

Hi! Theresa:

I am just starting my third week, so I am just on cream Soup and cream of wheat, which seem to be ok. I just seem to be hungry, or a feeling of emptyness. I know these foods are probably just running thru me ha-ha. I had my surgery in Port Huron, MI. Dr. Boutt did it. A wonderful dr. I started at 257 I am now at 238 and holding??. I feel better already. I sure hope this works. I am looking forward to next summer in a bathing suit Ha-Ha! My surgery was wonderful. I hardly had any pain. I am still sore on the outside, probably on the inside too, but I really feel good. I just don't want to get disappointed cuz my weight is not coming off faster. Where do you live? How far out are you on your surgery? Talk to you soon

Thanks Janine

Are you on mushies yet? If so look at the FOODS link, but here are a few ideas as well: pudding, mashed potatoes, cooked and blended squashes, smooth creamy Soups, hummus, tofu pate', refried Beans, etc. I felt hungry the first few weeks too but found it improved immensely once I got on more solid types of foods. Congratulations on your banding and its nice to meet you. Who did your surgery? Would love to get to know more about you and your experience, Teresa

Hi!

Thanks for a reply! I am really excited about this surgery. I am hoping to loose around 60-70lbs. I started at 257lbs. two weeks ago and I am starting my third week at 238lbs. I am 5'5 and 34 years old. I am a mother of two a 6 month old girl and a 2 year old boy. I need the energy to keep up with them Ha-Ha. I have been heavy my whole life, so I am really looking forward to next summer in a bathing suit. How far out are you? Did your weight come off easy? They, the Dr. said I would not get a fill until my 8 week visit. Is this normal? I don't read much on exercise? Is anyone really committed to exercising. I have been walking with my kids in the neighborhood, but I am still not 100% feeling up to it yet. Ya! I am following my Dr. advise and reading all my books. These few weeks are going to be the hardest, I think. Are you eating soild food, if so what?

Hi, Janine, Congratulations on getting your band! How much weight are you hoping to lose? I know you will really glad that you did this, once you are eating real foods, and you see that weight dropping off. Your energy level will get so much better. Hang in there, remember this stage is temporary. Please follow your surgeon's orders so that you don't risk any future complications.

Hi Betty!

So your a few weeks ahead of me. I had my surgery on Nov 8th. I started at 257lbs and 2 weeks into this, I am now at 238lbs and holding?? I am not sure why I am holding?? Hopefully, this scale will be moving down again. How is you eating now? What soild foods can you eat? How much fills you up? Have you had your first fill yet? I have read alot! You guys are a great bunch! take care.

Welcome! If you take some time and read through all the old posts, you will find tons of valuable information.

Congrats on your banding. I am now on solids and pretty much eat anything, however I have not tried bread, Pasta, or rice. I am still experimenting with different foods. I haven't had any problems so far. I haven't had any fills yet. Good luck, and keep us posted on your progress.

Janine, you've lost 19 pounds in 2 weeks! That's fantastic! How about joining our Weekly scale Challenge thread? Just pick one day a week to weigh and stay off that scale the rest of the week. It will help save your sanity! LOL You're also a new Mom! You are going to be so happy with how much better you feel and your big boost in energy. You'll be able to get out there and enjoy those 2 little ones even more. Best of luck to you!