Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Within three weeks!

I'm not in the USA but I'm American. I first had a gastric balloon back in August. Was not helpful. I lost 10 pounds lol

My BMI is 37 and I have high cholesterol and pre diabetic. I have struggled all my life but knew my insurance would never cover it in states. I'm working n dubai. Went to a doctor who took my history n was like. Yes you qualify. And being in a therapist myself he said no need for a therapist!

I was shocked when he said come next week for an upper GI scope and blood work. Then we will out I on liquid diet for a week then surgery before the month is over!

The insurance will pay for it 100%!!!!!

It was all so fast! So easy!

I'm not in USA. So I can't get all the good Protein shakes y'all get there but I am traveling to Atlanta n may. I'll get a huge supply.

I do have a GNC store. What type of Protein Shakes should I try. I saw another group use isolate whey?

What else should I be doing?

And how soon did u have the GI scope before ur surgery? Is this consider pre op work?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

For Protein shakes you definitely want to look for whey isolate as the main ingredient, assuming you don't have any issues with dairy. You want to look for low carb/low sugar. You will likely be on Clear liquids for a couple of days post-op and then be allowed Protein Shakes and "full liquids". Full liquids are things like milk, strained cream Soups, and some surgeons even allow drinkable yogurt (not sure if they have things like Gogurt in your neck of the woods). I really don't know what foods you will have available but puree and soft food stages usually include cottage cheese or other soft cheeses, greek yogurt, tuna salad, scrambled eggs, refried Beans.... Hopefully your surgeon will provide you a list of foods that are common where you are living.

Thanks. Yes we have most of these things. Not all but I think I can manage. Yes he did say he will provide me with a program. U r correct I'm mostly just wondering what's the difference between here n there as most my research is from USA. I fully trust the medical field here as Dubai is fabulous in the medical field. But no matter how great the culture is not the same. Lol

I'm excited thanks for the info

It's a learning experience for all of us, no matter where we live or have our surgery! Don't hesitate to post back here with questions and concerns. I know when I was first starting out, despite having a great surgical team and nutritionist, I was still posting here every day with all of my questions. It can be overwhelming, but we all muddle through it eventually!

Hi, I am also a balloon to sleeve.. I have found the sleeve much more liveable and a much easier recovery in the first few weeks. I lost 10kg with balloon - put half back on in 3months then have lost 19kg since sleeve in October last year. Goodluck- I'm sure u will not regret this!

Hi, I am also a balloon to sleeve.. I have found the sleeve much more liveable and a much easier recovery in the first few weeks. I lost 10kg with balloon - put half back on in 3months then have lost 19kg since sleeve in October last year. Goodluck- I'm sure u will not regret this!

Thanks! Ur the first to have ballon and then sleeve I met! The ballon was a not the best idea for me. I really was hungry the last three months! Uhhh

And it looks like we both had a similar outcome.. I agree- waste of $$$ but I won't die wondering