Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So my patient advocate said she thinks I should be sleeved between may and June my wedding is august .. How much can I lose in that short time frame ?? I know everyone is different but what should I expect ?

Sent from my LGMS631 using the BariatricPal App

It could be significant, don't say "yes to the dress" until 3 weeks before

Really, there is absolutely no way to know for sure. It is dependent on your metabolism, how well you stick to your requirements, your Vitamins, your Water intake, your exercise and just plain chance.

You'll also have a chance of thinning hair (due to the first month or two that you're not getting in enough protein). That complication kicks in about the time you're looking to get married, and will last for several months. Some folks don't experience much Hair loss, but it can happen and it can get very bad (but it is temporary!!).

Is the date already set? Cause if it was me, I'd either move it much further out (minimum of 6 months after sleeve since that's when you should be feeling much better and able to eat solids and should have a good idea of your weight loss progression to know what size approximately), or do it before getting sleeved if you don't mind being your current size for your wedding.

It would suck to get married with a dress that didn't fit due to losing too much or not enough, and hair that is thin and limp. :(

It could be significant, don't say "yes to the dress" until 3 weeks before

That's what the stylist said she had the surgery and she told.me to come pick out my dress in July

Sent from my LGMS631 using the BariatricPal App

Really, there is absolutely no way to know for sure. It is dependent on your metabolism, how well you stick to your requirements, your Vitamins, your Water intake, your exercise and just plain chance.

You'll also have a chance of thinning hair (due to the first month or two that you're not getting in enough protein). That complication kicks in about the time you're looking to get married, and will last for several months. Some folks don't experience much Hair loss, but it can happen and it can get very bad (but it is temporary!!).

Is the date already set? Cause if it was me, I'd either move it much further out (minimum of 6 months after sleeve since that's when you should be feeling much better and able to eat solids and should have a good idea of your weight loss progression to know what size approximately), or do it before getting sleeved if you don't mind being your current size for your wedding.

It would suck to get married with a dress that didn't fit due to losing too much or not enough, and hair that is thin and limp. :(

Yeah the date is set and its okay about the hair thing I'm getting a weave so I'm not worried about that ????????????????

Edited by Chaelove0810

I understand as a bride-to-be, you must be extra-excited about starting this journey. Based on some of the successes my friends have had and my internet research, my guesstimate would be 2 months post op, approx 35lbs and 3 months post of, approx 40lbs. Hope this helps!