Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

GOOD LUCK to all AUGUST 6ers 7ers 8ers.. and rest of week :)

I just wanted to wish this week crazy aters a BIG

GOOD LUCK

and speedy recovery! My thoughts are with you . (especially after I read your posts about being anxious... ) Keep calm (yeah rite. look who's talking I had a full blown anxiety attack this morn and had to take klonipin that I keep for flying.... )OH right, this is not about me now.. :bounce:lol... back to y'all

Do whatever it is you have to do to feel calm. I don't care what the nurses think. Whenever I've gone "under" I hum to myself laying there till I'm out cuz it calms me.. :paranoid

take care and once again best of luck!

It's OUR WEEK......we're doing it. Yep, we are doing it! Yessirree, we are doing it! Yessirree, for sure, we are doing it! What????? Are we REALLY doing it?????? :phanvan:phanvan:phanvan:phanvan

YES! YES! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow......I guess we are doing it......:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Good luck All Crazy Ates banding this week! I'll be picking up the rear end of the week on Friday. :omg::omg::omg::omg::omg:

well i got it done!!!! Yesterday(monday) i was banded. It was not anywwhere near as bad as i thought it would be.!

Today is tuesday and i a, just getting ready to sign out.

As the clock ticks away and the days slip by, my thoughts are running wild.......

This just IS NOT the way I typically handle things!!! I *NEVER* let my thoughts take control of me to the point where I'm fretting over every little detail and feeling scared. It's not me. Not me at all. I'm a glass-is-half-full kind of thinker. I refuse to dwell on things that have no positive impact. I prefer to turn the cheek and grab the brass ring. I never bring an umbrella on vacation and I always expect a White Christmas. In fact, I'm so PollyAnna that I can sometimes make myself puke!!! I am 100% sure that this liquid diet is making me quite out of sorts......

I'm fretting......

:think lol :think ..

You sound like me.. I'm ALWAYS glass full ev'g will work out. And i'm totally obsessing and fretting and nervous...

All i can say is hang tuff.. It's not easy.

I'm actually jealous of my sister who got banded on 7/30 and is almost up to mushy food..

It's a LOT of psychological work all of this. I've NEVER done som'g so hard in my life. I figured I'd get through it with the same survival technique i've used with my 11 (failed) IVF cycles

I take one second/day/moment at a time. Every time I start panciking I talk to myslef and say "Pemy, right now you are (ex.) driving.. think of that.. you cannot control what will come next.... and the next time my mind starts going bonkers.. i do it again.. Pemy right now ur at work... concentrate on that..

Right now I'm hungry..and SICK of the taste of the shakes. PANICKING about the rest of this week and the post op.. and then i stop and say .. OKKKKKK right now drinking it and enjoying it. it's giving me energy.. NOT thinking ab. tomm.

It's a TREMENDOUS amount of brain energy. It's exhausting at times. I know it is. But it is the only way I've stayed sane through many rough spots in life.

ok i think i've lectured enuff for now.. i'll :bounce:bounce right on now so as not to go on and on..

lol

g'luck Judi and let me know how ur doing.

Pemy

OMG! I just got my surgery date of August 31. I am so, so excited and scared to death at the same time! Okay, someone tell me, now what do I do?? Just kidding. Should I go ahead and buy the Protein powder and everything now? Also, I am going to Dr. dela Garza in Monterrey, Mexico. Has anyone on here used him? I am in Georgia in the Atlanta area and will be going to the Dr. in Roswell for the fills. I would love to communicate with someone that has been there too. Thank you all ahead of time for your help and encouragement! This has been a long journey to find out that in the end insurance isnt going to pay anyway. Oh well!

VA

Clorox and Judy,

Dont Fret. I know exactly where you are coming from! Last week on my liquid diet was the worst part of the whole thing! Sunday i was freaking a little and Monday when i left the house for the hospital was was nearly in tears.

I know it was partly hunger because i use food to cope with anything. I got on the or and i was out like i light. I woke up in recovery it really was not half as bad as i thought. !!!

I got home a while ago and its sore on the incisssions but its really not bad at all! You really are worrying for nothing. It was easy for me and im a cry baby. I could rest comftable and definately was not in constant pain.

I took lots of little walks and i have no gas pain as of yet.

I think the best thing was not being hungry since monday morning!

Hang in there! I was truly surprised how easy it was.

Good Luck to this week's crazy ates!!!!:clap2::clap2::clap2:

I have my gallbladder surgery on Tuesday next week and I'm already flipping out:nervous, so I can sympathize on how your feeling. Just hang in there and we'll all get through this together. My thoughts and prayers are with you this week.:)

Aug 7th here - one day post op! Feeling ok except for the port on my side. Hurts like hell!! But getting around and walking. Trying to drink more but NO appetite.

Banded August 7th, home today 8/8. Feeling pretty good, have a scratchy voice and feel like I have done a million crunches. Not hungary, can't believe that it takes me 30 to 45 minutes to drink 5oz of Protein shake, but it does. Walking feels the best to me, so I get up every hour to do it, I took a two hour nap and was pretty stiff so It will be interesting in the morning. It's all worth it, I wouldn't change anything, for all of you waiting, my biggest thing to say to you all is, IT'S SO WORTH IT! I plan to keep you all posted. And would love to hear other stories. GOOD LUCK Everyone!

Julie

Hi,

I was banded on the 7th and feel that the pre-op diet was much worse. I have had a little pain in my shoulder from gas, but nothing compared to the hunger felt prior to surgery. On Clear Liquids now, not having any problems and not really hungry at all yet.

Hi guysers!

Thanks for all your updates. It helps calm me for my Monday surgery. My sister had it 2 weeks ago and is doing great so that helps too. Today she got to start on MUSHY!!! I"m soo jealous..

I must say that this 2nd week of liquids has been MUCH easier. I feel great.. Must be the sugar out of my system and the fact that my period finally stopped after 1 week of almost hemmhoraging.. Talk about bad timing.

Thanks goodness this week has been easier. I don't know if I would've survived otherwise....

Looking forward to hearing all of ur positive recovery stories adn the main thing LOSING WEIGHT!!

Pemy

Well today is the 3rd day home and I'm feeling good, sore, but walking is what feels best, but of course it's 108 here in Phoenix today so almost to hot to walk outside. Just lots of rumbling going on in the stomach, can't wait till that is over. But over all feel pretty good. I believe and know I made the right choice and I'm here for anyone who needs a shoulder to lean on!

Julie