Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Had RNY on 2/11. I'm almost six weeks post-op and lost 41 lbs in the first four weeks. However, I haven't lost anything in almost two weeks now. I just started eating solid foods, but have been really careful about what I'm eating. I've been avoiding carbs, no sugar and getting mostly all of my Protein and fluids, daily. I knew that a stall would happen, but did not anticipate it happening so soon.

I haven't been exercising much, because of my schedule, but I've made sure to stay as active as possible, until I can get a regimen. But I don't think that would be a major factor so early in.

I told myself I wasn't going to freak out and I was prepared for this, but it's been almost two weeks and the scale hasn't moved. Has anyone else experienced this so early and what did you do? Should I just be patient and trust through process or should I change something?

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

Stalls (plateaus) are normal. Your body is adjusting to the weight loss (and associated metabolic/hormonal changes), less calories, etc.. Search here and "Google" it.

Basically, don't sweat it.

Stalls (plateaus) are normal. Your body is adjusting to the weight loss (and associated metabolic/hormonal changes), less calories, etc.. Search here and "Google" it.

Basically, don't sweat it.

Thanks, for the reassurance!

Stalls are a normal, natural, and necessary part of the process. Almost everyone experiences their first stall about three weeks after surgery.

Just follow your program. Focus on getting in ALL of your Protein and fluids. Stay off the scale, and Embrace the Stall!

http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/351046-Embrace-the-Stall

Stalls are a normal, natural, and necessary part of the process. Almost everyone experiences their first stall about three weeks after surgery.

Just follow your program. Focus on getting in ALL of your Protein and fluids. Stay off the scale, and Embrace the Stall!

http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/351046-Embrace-the-Stall

Thank you!

Piggy backing off this thread, but I'm 2 weeks out from surgery now and feel like I am stalling. The last 3 days, the pounds have stuck at the same number (give or take a couple).

Earlier this week, I was able to eat a small bowl of Tomato bisque. So I had one each day for a few days. Then I noticed the stall creep up and got paranoid I was stretching my pouch and reverted back to 3-4 Protein drinks a day to hit my Protein cap and then could only end up downing about 50oz of Water as opposed to the recommended 64.

Is this what is really hitting me? Being hooked up to an IV and constantly hydrated, the pounds were screaming off me. Now, at an average of 50oz of Water, 700 calories, and 90g protein, I feel like I'm slowing down. Considering upping the calories, but if I gained weight this early, I would be pretty discouraged.

Piggy backing off this thread, but I'm 2 weeks out from surgery now and feel like I am stalling. The last 3 days, the pounds have stuck at the same number (give or take a couple).

Earlier this week, I was able to eat a small bowl of Tomato bisque. So I had one each day for a few days. Then I noticed the stall creep up and got paranoid I was stretching my pouch and reverted back to 3-4 Protein drinks a day to hit my Protein cap and then could only end up downing about 50oz of Water as opposed to the recommended 64.

Is this what is really hitting me? Being hooked up to an IV and constantly hydrated, the pounds were screaming off me. Now, at an average of 50oz of Water, 700 calories, and 90g protein, I feel like I'm slowing down. Considering upping the calories, but if I gained weight this early, I would be pretty discouraged.

Stay off the scale!

Seriously. Our bodies are in such flux in the weeks after surgery that the scale is not the best measure of progress.

Follow your program and focus on getting in all of your protein and fluids.

Stay off the scale!

Seriously. Our bodies are in such flux in the weeks after surgery that the scale is not the best measure of progress.

Follow your program and focus on getting in all of your protein and fluids.

Thanks for the support. It's really tough to not want to micromanage the numbers side of it. I'll keep better focus on the plan and less focus on the numbers.

someone here (sorry I don't remember who) posted on another similar thread that if you know your calories are right (for me 800-1000 per day) and you are getting fluids and Proteins to not worry. the scale WILL move. even if it goes up a bit don't panic when you know you have not consumed enough calories to gain weight.

That alone has helped me more than anything else. so when the scale stops I do a rough average of my calories, Protein and fluids and move on.

I do weigh daily, but I only record it as official once a week.

Ahhh the dreaded 5 week stall. We all hit it. It is totally normal, and will not be your last. Don't dwell on it. More importantly, don't weigh yourself daily. Weekly tops, always at the same time of day (I go for Saturday mornings as soon as I get up after first poo of the day). Good luck, and don't stress!

thank you all for this info...before I saw this i posted that my scale has not budged...but the inches are visibly coming off, so i won't stress!