Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So my sleeve is on the 29th, and I feel like I am not ready at all. It is starting to scare me not only do I feel not ready because I don't have everything I need yet, I also don't feel ready for life after. Is this a normal feeling? Or is it me just playing mind games with myself.

I just feel so lost and confused I feel like maybe I should not be doing this now seeing how unready I feel. I am hoping this is something everyone one goes through and I will be ready when it comes down to it, that I will be okay in the end and that this is the right thing to do. I just hate this feeling of doubting myself being so unsure, I don't think is normal to feel this way about a big decision like this.

I could really use some advice. Thank you all...

... feel like I am not ready at all. It is starting to scare me not only do I feel not ready because I don't have everything I need yet...

Pre-surgery doubts and jitters are common. How about asking yourself one question at a time? There are nine days before your date and that's plenty to get the supplies you need. Why not buy them and see if having the practical things taken care of make a difference in your outlook? Don't even think about buying them for post-surgery use. All you have to do is buy them. It's a simple, little shopping trip just for the sake of doing a little shopping..

More to the point, you don't have to have surgery if you don't want it. You have the same freedom to go ahead with it if you choose. It's that simple. Do you have something better to do on he 29th?

My sleeve is March 31st. You are not alone in your feelings of doubt. When I read your post I was like "hey, that's me!" Anytime we face the unknown we will always have doubt and fear. I am just banking on the fact that I have yet to talk to or read about someone saying that they would gave not done the surgery.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I don't feel ready either to be honest and my surgery is on April 6 but I plan to try to get ready or do whatever I can to put my mind at ease such as devour as much information from my pre op packet and from this website, watching videos on youtube and write out a plan, things that are within my control around the time of the surgery and after. I don't know if it will help you or not but maybe you can come up with a plan for yourself, a checklist of things you need to do and learn before the surgery things you need to do after the surgery, all the stuff you need to get etc. I wish you luck and hope everything works out.

Thank you guys, I love this place.

No I really don't have anything better to do on the 29th that was a really good question thank you for making me realize the best thing I can do on that day is take the first step to changing my life.

@@superbeast am sorry you having the same doubt but I am glad I am not alone. Good luck with your sugary

@@superbeast am sorry you having the same doubt but I am glad I am not alone.

That's the point. Bouncing the feelings and experiences -- now and later -- around here and at in-person support groups are a great source of relief and good idea.

My best advice for anyone who is having jitters in the weeks before surgery is to keep busy with preparations. Don't do everything at once. If you're typical day is busy, that's another thing, but if not so much, do a little prep at a time so that you're occupied until you leave home and head to the hospital. Before you head out on the morning of surgery, change the sheets. Simple task, but another way to keep your mind occupied for a few minutes. The reward will be a fresh, crisp bed when you get back home.

If you're concerned, as I was, about keeping all instructions clear in your heads, get a sheet of oak tag and make a huge calendar to put on the wall. Draw it so that it starts two weeks before surgery and goes on for four to six weeks after. Write in all your little chores ("buy Vitamins," "buy Protein shakes," and so on) and the days you'll advance to various types of liquids to soft food, et al. Again, preparing the calendar is the good, compulsive kind of idiot work that helps keep jitters at bay. Referring to it daily boosts confidence that you're doing all the right things. Anyway, it worked for me.

i was sleeved on feb 25. your feelings are normal. i compare it to when you are about to have a baby. despite waiting so long for the time to finally come and doing a lot of "prep" you feel "help i am not ready how will i know how to take care of a baby?" you know what? you just do it. after the labor/surgery is over its such a relief that you just live each day. take one week at a time. dont be afraid to call surgeons office after to talk to PA or NUT or whoever. good luck.

My surgery is on March 29 I've been not doing too good on the pre-op diet and I feel stupid and this is why am doing the surgery it's because addiction for me which is food not keeping up with the preamp diet I'm scared that in nine days is my surgery is going to go bad as anybody fall off the wagon and still did OK after your surgery I'm so scared I canceled the surgery twice and I regretted it because I know I need it but now I'm just scared what's going to happen but I promised myself tomorrow will be liquids