Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm using Dr Woodman I live closer to Jackson. I have been waiting a month for them to submit my paperwork to insurance for approval or denial. Finally they submitted last Thursday and now I'm playing the waiting game. I've called UHC everyday twice a day since Friday lol. How has ur experience been there?

I'm in Memphis and I was in Jackson when I started the process, but I went to St. Francis in Memphis.

I gave all my paperwork last Tuesday and they will submit to insurance this Friday. I really like the whole staff and he is a great surgeon. I feel worth the wait. Patience is not my virtue Keep me posted and best of luck to you.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I gave all my paperwork last Tuesday and they will submit to insurance this Friday. I really like the whole staff and he is a great surgeon. I feel worth the wait. Patience is not my virtue Keep me posted and best of luck to you.

I called my insurance and was approved yesterday. Of course Dr. Woodmans office will have to get a hard copy of the Auth before they will schedule anymore appts like labs and a scope. I'm so excited I can't believe it is actually going to happen. Have u heard anything yet?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I called my insurance and was approved yesterday. Of course Dr. Woodmans office will have to get a hard copy of the Auth before they will schedule anymore appts like labs and a scope. I'm so excited I can't believe it is actually going to happen. Have u heard anything yet?

No bc he won't be turning in my paperwork until tomorrow. How long after you gave Dr Woodman's office all your paperwork did it take for him to submit it?

They submitted the 1st time within a week but left out my sleep study. I faxed my sleep study to them 5 times before they said they actually got it. It took 4 weeks for them to resubmit it. They submitted last Thursday and my insurance approved Tuesday

Again congrats! Best of luck! We should keep in touch. We are almost on the same timeline. Keep me posted and I'll do the same. Are you doing it in Jackson?

Again congrats! Best of luck! We should keep in touch. We are almost on the same timeline. Keep me posted and I'll do the same. Are you doing it in Jackson?

Thanks, I didn't know he actually does the surgery in Jackson. I thot he only has a clinic there to see patients a couple times a month. I'm going to Memphis for my surgery. I will keep in touch. Good luck and let me know when you hear from ur insurance.

Hey Yall.....I just joined this site....anyways, I am using Dr. Woodman in Memphis for Gastric Sleeve surgery. I was curious......I have BCBS of TN, and have to do the 6 month medically supervised diet (along with the other stuff mentioned in other posts). When you finished your 6 month diet how many (Physician Supevised Diet Record sheets-that woodmans office wants you to use at eac visit) did you have? 6 or 7 sheets?? My 1st appointment was 10-29-15 and today was my 6th visit......I asumed today was my last visit, but not sure about the technical aspect of what 6 months mean..........So to all you Woodman patients.....how many sheets did you have?

Well the first month is your initial weigh, so my insurance doesn't count that one. I only needed 3 however your total should be 4 weigh ins. So if you have to do 6 months I would guess you need 1 more. 6 months is 7, bc you weigh the first time and future weigh ins show your loss. Double check with your insurance about the requirements to make sure you don't get denied. Good luck!